PDA

View Full Version : Black Swan

kally
2-2-11, 12:36am
I found it compelling and very interesting. What did you think?

iris lily
2-2-11, 5:52am
I thought it was melodramic and over the top. The story itself--not very interesting. Portman did a great job, though. I loved lots of things about it such as so much focus on dance, her New York arpartment, so many beautiful brunettes in the show, etc. I prefer other nominees for the Oscar but if Portman gets Best Actress that would be ok with me.

citrine
2-2-11, 8:36am
I like Natalie Portman, but the movie was kind of trippy....took me a couple of days to digest. My favorite part was when the therapist was doing a diagphram release with her hand under the rib cage :)

DonkaDoo
2-2-11, 3:39pm
I thought it was fab. It was not nearly as freaky as I was led to believe.

I am a weirdo theater chick though - so I think it "spoke to me." I thought Natalie Portman was great, and the lady who played her Mom was even better. I don't think Mila Kunis deserved any award nods though. Not that she was bad- just meh

iris lily
2-2-11, 3:46pm
I thought it was fab. It was not nearly as freaky as I was led to believe.

I am a weirdo theater chick though - so I think it "spoke to me." I thought Natalie Portman was great, and the lady who played her Mom was even better. I don't think Mila Kunis deserved any award nods though. Not that she was bad- just meh

The lady who played her mom is Barbara Hershey who has been around Hollywood for many years. I think she is very cool.

Agreed about Mila Kunis--she was fine but didn't seem a stretch for her to play this character. What a surprise to see Winona Rider and especially in such a small role.

DonkaDoo
2-2-11, 4:36pm
What a surprise to see Winona Rider and especially in such a small role.
I have not seen her in AGES!