PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers?

AmeliaJane
2-2-11, 7:59pm
Is anyone else doing Weight Watchers? I lost about 40 lbs on WW seven years ago, was doing well maintaining, and then went through several major, unplanned life changes and gained back the weight when I lost all the routines that were helping keep me stable.

So I started again recently, and have been really pleased with their recent changes, especially making fresh fruit "free" (no points on the WW point counting system), also the way points have been reoriented to emphasize whole foods and lean protein over carbs and processed foods.

Just wondering if there are any other WW folks on the boards, and what you think of the new version?

frugalista
2-2-11, 10:32pm
Hi Amelia: have been on Weight Watchers since beginning of Nov 2010 and have lost about 18 lbs. so far. Had about a month on the "old" plan and was about to throw in the towel -- I was always hungry -- but once the new program rolled out I was very pleased with the changes. I especially like that zero point fruits and vegetables encourage me to eat more of them.

razz
2-2-11, 10:40pm
A friend was telling me that she had lost 60lbs on the WW plan and the key was the free veggies.

redfox
2-3-11, 1:22am
Lost 25 # on it last year - gained it all back after falling off the plan. I cannot stay on a diet, so I'm working on changing my movement.

KayLR
2-3-11, 1:03pm
I've considered WW in the past, even very recently, but the cost is prohibitive to me.

iris lily
2-3-11, 11:06pm
I really like the Weight Watchers program. They tinker with it annually, and then every few years make a bigger change.

I've not seen the latest program but heard about it. I'm going to start going soon. yes! maybe next week. or not!

It's just sensible eating, plus accountability, plus support. A good deal all the way around, but the quality of the leaders can make a huge difference.

AmeliaJane
2-4-11, 1:17am
I do the online version which I believe costs a little less than half the fee to attend meetings (assuming you go weekly). I tried to start up again with WW several times in the last few years and could never make it stick. But the new version is going well for me. I was always on the very lowest end of the points range because I am quite petite and also (on the WW specturm) had relatively little to lose...so I had to work hard to stay in my points allotment for the day--like frugalista, I was always hungry too. Even though it represents the about the same number of calories, dividing it over 29 points instead of 20 seems to help me. Also, the new program rewards the "light" baked goods much less, which I never really liked.

Glo
2-4-11, 10:29am
I joined on-line ww 3weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds. I have been an off-and-on ww for over 30 years. I've probably lost and regained 1,000 pounds over the years. The key is to know its a life-style change--you are not on a "diet". Its difficult to lose, especially when you're older, and the hardest part is maintaining. My motivation this time is my arthritis; doctor says loosing weight will help a lot. I like the new program as you can earn points with exercise; also, the free fruit is huge for me. You can also eat anything you want--just have to keep track of points. The joining fee is elimimated until March 15th. I think I paid $50 for 3 months; then the price is $17 a month. I'll probably quit after 3months;by then I will have learned the program and can keep track of points without their on-line charts. Wish me luck;I need all the help I can get! DH is also on the program, so that makes it much easier; he especially likes it because Sam Adams lite is one point! LOL!