PDA

View Full Version : Crochet a dragon

Zoe Girl
9-2-12, 2:02am
I tell kids a dragon story to keep them from running ahead of me in school hallways. It is a cute one I think, most kids like it. So I have been on this dragon kick and just picked up some thrift store yarn that looked good to crochet my dragon. I just started without a pattern and kept going, I am pretty impressed with my ears for not having a pattern. I now have the top of the body with some ridges in a different yarn that are cool. My daughter told me that dragons like to hide jewels in their bellies so I am going to put shiny beads on my yarn before crocheting the belly part and then my dragon will have jewels too. I am so happy with the free form freedom of crochet.

I am not sure how to get the photo onto this post even though I was able to with photos of my house before, argh.

Mrs-M
9-2-12, 12:33pm
Sounds wonderful. Re: posting a picture, I can help explain (and walk you through it) if you like, ZG, just let me know. Once you do it a time or two, it's super easy.

Zoe Girl
9-2-12, 1:59pm
Thanks Mrs M, I have been meaning to tell you I got a friend request ages ago and I have just never gotten it to work.

I know I posted house photos before and so it should be simple. I am about 1/3 of the way through and then if I haven't figured it out i will ask for help.

Mrs-M
9-2-12, 2:22pm
No problem. I'm here if/when you need me. :)

Zoe Girl
9-3-12, 7:05pm
So I am not sure if I did this right, however I did create a photo album of the dragon project photos. I hope that my obsession looks cool

Tussiemussies
9-3-12, 8:32pm
Saw your pictures of the dragon on the activity thread -- it's so cute!!!

Zoe Girl
9-3-12, 10:23pm
Thank you, I just need some beads for eyes and then I can take it to work. It moves really well on my arm since I crocheted and checked the fit as I went.

:)

Mrs-M
9-4-12, 12:30pm
Wow, you did a great job on it, Zoe Girl. I particularly love the boney-ripples you added to the dragons body.