PDA

View Full Version : Seeking some good standing-up shoes

screamingflea
2-4-11, 12:45am
I recently started a new job which involves standing stationary for several hours on a concrete floor. In a perfect world price would be no object for something demanding like that, but it really is. They have to be solid black.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

redfox
2-4-11, 2:16am
Danskos, Keens.

catherine
2-4-11, 3:50am
I LOVE Aerosoles, especially if you are working. They have lots of great styles for professional or casual wear, and, true to their name have cushiony insoles. They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, and I have lots of pairs.

mira
2-4-11, 6:37am
Clarks are always a winner.

Mrs. Hermit
2-4-11, 9:45am
SAS shoes. They are pricey, but one of my pairs is still going after 10 years. And they are an American company.

iris lily
2-4-11, 10:09am
Merrills. Not inexpensive, but I'm sur ethat nonoe of these shoes are.

Bootsie
2-4-11, 11:13am
I'm wondering if you can also get a rubber mat or something to put over the concrete?

Reyes
2-4-11, 11:26am
Danskos.

Tenngal
2-4-11, 2:21pm
soft spots.........

Miss Cellane
2-4-11, 4:53pm
I second Clarks and Soft Spots and add in Munro. Munro shoes have a rubber sole and a steel shank and are very supportive. But they run about $100 a pair.

If you have a Nordstrom's near you, it's worth a trip. Tell the shoe salesperson what you are looking for and they'll probably have at least a couple of pairs for you to try on. Nordstrom's started as a shoe store and they carry lots of sizes and widths. If you're on your feet for several hours a day, you need a shoe that fits well, in addition to being supportive and having some padding underfoot.

I know a lot of people don't like them, but I've heard a lot of good things about Crocs in work situations like the OP's. Another thing would be to look at what your co-workers have on their feet.

Float On
2-4-11, 5:43pm
I live in Clarks! Love them!

Zzz
2-4-11, 7:42pm
Dr Scholls. I wear mine for 12+ hours a day. I'm often on my feet six or more hours in them. $30 range per pair. Make sure you try on both regular and wide width. Make sure they have gel insoles, too.

reader99
2-5-11, 9:26pm
I had trouble standing for even a few minutes untik I bought knockoffs of Sketchers, the ones on tv that excercise your legs and butt. The exercise part is also true but for me the way the arch is and the squishyness of the support worked miracles. I got mine at Payless for $50; I;m told WalMArt has them even cheaper. My $300 orthotics are languishing in teh closet.