PDA

View Full Version : organizing my vast collection of children's books

Zoe Girl
10-13-12, 10:24pm
This has been an ongoing issue, I use my children's books all the time, I want to be able to get to them easily, and i do not have a huge space for this. I do have bins and the books are leveled and labeled and the bins marked. This year having only one school I manage makes me more willing to bring in some personal books to rotate through my program.

So I think in our laundry room storage area I can clean off all the shelves of random crap and put the bins up. It is a big project as all that stuff needs to go somewhere and I actually cannot throw all of it away, sigh. But I am making progress. I should take a photo when I am done.

Any other educators without a classroom space for everything?

Mrs-M
10-14-12, 9:19pm
What I'd give to be able to help you work on this project, Zoe Girl. I love organizing books and things! There's almost an art to it, ensuring there's a rhythm to heights, thicknesses, and even the colour of binded-covers.

P.S. Yes please, a picture when you are done would be great!

Zoe Girl
10-14-12, 9:38pm
And you don't live near Denver huh? I even have a wonderful clothesline with a clothespin bag from my grandmother if you happened to be passing through my area.

My kids spent the day cleaning the carpets and I spent the day at the laundromat, so we are ready for the week but I didn't get to play with my organizing project after all,

fidgiegirl
10-14-12, 10:26pm
Yes, I brought home too much and stuck it in the attic. My suggestion would be to think hard about bringing it all in! I mean, do it! They can be stored at school where they will be used. And if next year you have to bring them home, then you can do it at that time.

Mrs-M
10-15-12, 6:48pm
Originally posted by Zoe Girl.
And you don't live near Denver huh? I even have a wonderful clothesline with a clothespin bag from my grandmother if you happened to be passing through my area.What I'd give to be able to visit Denver, and you! Re: your clothespin bag, one day I'm going to find me just the right one! :)