PDA

View Full Version : broke my bread stone

babr
2-9-11, 9:28am
D@#$>:( was taking out the great bread that i make and i dropped my stone

so mad because it was perfect; don't want to buy a really expensive brand; but want something that is going to last; does anyone have any recommendations?

i am afraid to just go out and buy tile

thanks for any suggestions
Kris

Jinger
2-9-11, 10:36am
I don't know where you live, but I saw one in my local grocery store, HEB, for $10.00.

babr
2-9-11, 2:50pm
yes, they sell them at places like target but i guess they crack at high temps. which what i bake my at. thanks for answering jinger

daisy
2-9-11, 8:09pm
I have had this one for several years and really like it.

http://www.acemart.com/kitchen-supplies/pizza-supplies/baking-stones/pizza-baking-stone-14-x-16-each/prod8235.html?cm_ven=BizRate&cm_cat=CPC&cm_pla=&cm_ite=pizza-baking-stone-14-x-16-each%28AMMPS-1416%29

It was given to me as a gift, so I had no idea it was so pricey! It's a lot thicker than the cheaper one I used to have, so it has to heat up for 40+ minutes to get really hot.

Jinger
2-11-11, 9:16pm
I have one I bought at World Market for $12 and it has never cracked at 500 degrees. I use it to make pizza once a week.

dovergirl
2-22-11, 7:21am
I now use a lodge cast iron 14" "pizza pan" instead of a baking stone. I get the same crisp crust but it heats up faster, has two handles and is more versatile than the pizza stone, imo. It's also pretty hard to break!

Susan
2-22-11, 5:00pm
Go to a tile store and ask for firebrick that is used to line brick ovens. Designed to withstand high temps.