PDA

View Full Version : December Gratitude

puglogic
12-1-12, 9:50am
It's hard for me to believe it's December, because the weather here (Colorado) has been so frighteningly warm and dry for this time of year. I try to be grateful for the extra time (to work in the yard, housebreak a puppy, etc) but it's ominous all the same. This will be the second or third dry winter, and it always turns into big wildfire worries in the spring.

So this morning I sit in bed and type, down comforter tucked around me, a dog pressed up against each hip (try typing that way) drinking tea, looking out the window at blue skies, and I am grateful for what I have NOW, for what I am capable of bringing to my life NOW, and I will try not to worry about what might be.

fidgiegirl
12-1-12, 1:28pm
Lovely image, puglogic.

I am thankful I can go for runs - that my body and my mind are working together to let me do that. I got one in just before a light rain - feels good!

bunnys
12-1-12, 5:13pm
Fidgie: I have started running again. Just got an iPod to make it bearable. I was going to go tonight but I'm exhausted.

I am thankful for this perfect day (60 degrees, zero wind, dry leaves) to do the hellish job of getting them blown to the curb. I only did the front today. And it took me 3 hours, not the 1.5 I had thought it would be. Now I am really, really tired but grateful that 1/3 of the leaves are done.

Florence
12-1-12, 6:35pm
I am grateful today for my paid for home. We received both the property tax bill and the HOA bill and the money for them has been building up month by month in a separate savings account. I am grateful that the money to pay them is already there.

SiouzQ.
12-2-12, 5:28pm
I am grateful for the bountiful array of groceries I have piled up on the kitchen counter ~ collards, kale, carrots, sweet potatoes, blackberries, peppers, green onions, etc. This then leads me into thinking about how very grateful I am to have grown up and matured in the past few years. I know myself better so that I then make better choices about everything, including but not limited to how I choose to eat, sleep, and manage my time and money - in short, I am taking more responsibility for myself and my body's well-being. I'm never going to be 100% perfect, I may have little slips here and there, but all in all, I am feeling very grateful for my mind and body and its service to me.

PS: I have not smoked today. It's a start, one day at a time :)

Florence
12-2-12, 7:15pm
Today I am grateful for reasonably good health. I have my difficulties but compared to what many are dealing with, my problems are more inconveniences.

SQ: Good for you! All you have to deal with is just today.

Gardenarian
12-3-12, 5:03pm
I am grateful that winter break is only 2 weeks away. 2 weeks. 2 weeks.

puglogic
12-4-12, 10:13am
I'm grateful to be able to take some time at mid-day to take a long walk in the sun with a close friend.

SiouzQ.
12-12-12, 6:21pm
I am ever so grateful to have had a peaceful day off, free from commitments, and alone (roommate moved out on Sunday). I was free to do whatever I wanted, whenever I pleased. I did a little cleaning, a little laundry, played guitar, took a walk, cooked a bunch of yummy healthy stuff, and continued to work on a writing piece I started the other day. Oh, to be an introvert and to be able to celebrate it fully!

Tussiemussies
12-12-12, 6:53pm
Glad for you SiouzQ!!!!

puglogic
12-12-12, 11:00pm
Love that, SiouzQ.

Glad today to be more-or-less caught up with my work, so I just have full work days and not overflowing work days.....which have been kinda stressful.

Tussiemussies
12-13-12, 12:03pm
Love that, SiouzQ.

Glad today to be more-or-less caught up with my work, so I just have full work days and not overflowing work days.....which have been kinda stressful.

Glad for you pug logic!

SteveinMN
12-13-12, 12:53pm
I am grateful that, even though I have a nasty head cold today, I didn't have to troop into work today regardless, and that I can force fluids and nap however feels best today. I'm also grateful that, while I don't feel great today, in a few days I likely will; there are many who deal with pain and disability every single day.

SiouzQ.
12-16-12, 4:46pm
True to form, my ex-MIL just dropped off my X-mas check when she brought her kitty over here for me to cat-sit while she goes running off to Mexico (she's 83 years old and takes the bus from Mexico City to Oaxca; she's been doing it for at least twenty years)! What a great example of living large even when one is older!

So not only do I have a kitty cat in the house for two weeks, I can add the check to my savings account ~ woot! Oh, and I finally got my electric guitar last night!

puglogic
12-28-12, 11:44pm
Well, this post finds me sick with a cold, the product of being trapped in an airplane with a couple hundred sneezing coughing people.

But I'm grateful that I can care for my sickness here: A warm house, with multiple thick, soft blankets, warm jammies, hot drinks, good herbs and foods. I think of the street people you meet who seem so sick and sniffly and miserable, and they have nowhere to go to heal. I am fortunate, and I know it.

JaneV2.0
12-29-12, 12:43pm
I'm grateful for unseasonably mild weather and plenty of precipitation to fill up aquifers and snow pack.

nswef
12-29-12, 12:46pm
I am grateful for the power staying on so in the third snowstorm this week we are warm and cozy. Grateful for a working snowblower and a wonderful husband who will use it. I am happy to not need to go anywhere!

Tussiemussies
12-29-12, 4:34pm
So thankful that my sister hosted Christmas Eve and my Mother hosted Christmas Day. Even though there have been many trials and tribulations, I love them all and are thankful that we can all get together. I'm thankful my Mom is still alive...