PDA

View Full Version : Worldometers

Tiam
12-2-12, 11:46pm
Forgive me if this has been posted.http://www.worldometers.info/

Gardenarian
12-3-12, 4:06pm
I hadn't seen that before. It's rather chilling, isn't it?

bunnys
12-3-12, 6:53pm
Very cool.

The shame is the solar energy hitting the Earth and going to waste.

Gregg
12-3-12, 8:06pm
I was surprised to see that the "People with no safe drinking water source" number was declining as I watched. Glad to see that, but not entirely sure how its happening.

Mrs-M
12-3-12, 11:01pm
This is the first time I've seen this. Watching the continual fluctuation of numbers/stats, makes me feel as though I'm holding a bag in may hands, and the bag is filled with both good and evil, doom and gloom, and hope and future.

Tiam
12-3-12, 11:04pm
If we hold our breaths will the CO2 emissions decrease temporarily? Sorry. Little humor there.;)

Mrs-M
12-3-12, 11:17pm
I caught an excellent program on radio just the other day. Two scientists where at the heart of the program, which was related to carbon emissions, and according to both scientists, at the rate the Arctic is melting and exposing methane deposits, even if we were able to reduce carbon emissions by 30% (as of immediately), the melt-off taking place in the Arctic at present, would supersede all efforts.

Are the scientists concerned about the catastrophic fallout of what a further and continued melt-off could result in? Absolutely, adding that, "it's a waiting game... we don't know which way it's all going to play-out".

bunnys
12-4-12, 9:39am
Mrs. M--Oh yeah. No way around it. We have passed the tipping point. Goodbye New Orleans and Lower Manhattan--not to mention the low lying atolls and the polar bears.

Mrs-M
12-4-12, 1:35pm
Without a doubt, Bunnys. Palm Beach Florida... and away she goes...

Gregg
12-4-12, 2:35pm
If we hold our breaths will the CO2 emissions decrease temporarily? Sorry. Little humor there.;)

As a greenhouse gas methane is several times more potent than CO2. We should all keep breathing (slowly), but immediately ban the consumption of all kinds of dried beans.

Amaranth
12-5-12, 12:27pm
If you divide the amount of money spent on waitloss programs in the US today by the number of people who have died of hunger today, it shows that you would have had $6,202 to feed each of those needlessly deceased people today.

ApatheticNoMore
12-5-12, 1:37pm
Mrs. M--Oh yeah. No way around it. We have passed the tipping point. Goodbye New Orleans and Lower Manhattan--not to mention the low lying atolls and the polar bears.

Plus probably several billion (at least several million) people in the 3rd world (and one might say that is in some twisted screwed up way optimistic there, thinking it will only effect the 3rd world).