PDA

View Full Version : Back on the bandwagon

Bootsie
12-23-12, 12:45am
Hello Simple People!

I was a member on the old board before the move to this location, and I was also a member at this new site. Then....I disappeared for awhile, lost in an overly-busy schedule I created for myself. Perhaps some of you will remember me. For others, I'm here to introduce myself. I'm Bootsie, live in NYC, and am a homeschooling mom to two kids.

Things have been happening in my life during the past several months which have renewed my vigor in SL. I want back in!

It's especially nice to be back here during the holidays, with the pull of consumerism and the pull of spiritual moments of the season. One pull I want to resist, and the other pull I want to accept.

I'm rather impressed with myself that I remembered my password to this board. I'll take that as a good sign.

Mrs-M
12-23-12, 8:30am
Hi, Bootsie! Yes, I remember you, and have missed your presence. Glad to hear all is well with you. Would be nice to see you stay for a while this time around.

Lainey
12-23-12, 9:29am
Welcome back, Bootsie. I agree that the buy-buy-buy chant of the holidays can have the effect on a lot of us here to just retreat even more into simple living!

fidgiegirl
12-23-12, 10:00am
It's especially nice to be back here during the holidays, with the pull of consumerism and the pull of spiritual moments of the season. One pull I want to resist, and the other pull I want to accept.

Loved this observation. Welcome back!

HumboldtGurl
12-23-12, 9:19pm
Welcome Back Bootsie!

Haha, I have almost the exact same story, and also just re-joined the boards a few days ago. This holiday craziness really brings simple living into perspective. This community is such a haven, especially during this time of year, isn't it?

Nice to see you, look forward to your participation here.

ApatheticNoMore
12-23-12, 9:36pm
I agree that the buy-buy-buy chant of the holidays can have the effect on a lot of us here to just retreat even more into simple living!

+1

Selah
12-24-12, 1:07am
Welcome back, Bootsie and HumboldtGurl! :)

HumboldtGurl
12-25-12, 7:17pm
Thanks Selah! It's great to be here. This community is one of a kind. Hoppy Howlidays!