PDA

View Full Version : next layer of purge, gearing up

Zoe Girl
2-14-11, 10:11am
Howdy all. I think maybe I should get a medal (along with a lot of other folks) for the downsize from 3500 ft2 to our small house now. I still find paper the hardest thing to deal with but I actually have made progress recently!! Woo hoo,

Well my front room now really has the potential to be cute but it still has too much stuff in it. It doesn't matter how little it is compared to others it has too much for me to look nice. So I need to get rid of more, and one thing I have a few of is teapots. I have the individual ones where the top is a teapot and the bottom a cup, very cute actually. The deal is that I don't want stuff, the only one I ever use is the plain green one not the fancy christmas ones. The friend who gives them to me never comes to my house anyway. I am looking around the tiny front room and realize a bug purge will do almost as much as the new furniture I wanted to get and matching lamps.

Okay on the next purge list is:
* holiday teapots
* random children's books
* all the phone books
* about half the overall holiday decorations that are boxed

Bastelmutti
2-14-11, 10:16am
Cool! We just did a book purge and now feel we can actually find the things we want to read on the shelf. Papers are always a problem - one nasty shelf in the hall really needs to be done soon.

Zoe Girl
2-14-11, 10:30am
Oh you just reminded me of the shelf I have that could easily be purged, thanks!

Bastelmutti
2-14-11, 1:28pm
I have to think in shelves right now. It's too cold and wet/snowy to put lots of stuff out on the curb for pick-up, so we'll wait to clean out the dreaded basement storage until it gets warmer.

Thanks for the reminder to keep purging!!