PDA

View Full Version : More 100 Things Counts

Fawn
2-14-11, 9:53pm
For those of you that enjoy that sort of thing, I did a personal items count last weekend of winter stuff (usually I do my count in summer and there is not as much winter clothes).

Count and photos are posted on my blog: see signature line.:)

Kat
2-15-11, 4:37pm
Thanks, Fawn! I am somewhat obsessed with your 100 things lists.

ETA: In a completely non creepy way, I mean! haha Just think it's neat.

Fawn
2-16-11, 7:25am
Thanks, Fawn! I am somewhat obsessed with your 100 things lists.

ETA: In a completely non creepy way, I mean! haha Just think it's neat.

He, he, Kat. I seem obsessed with it too. (In a non-creepy way, of course.)

mnmlz
2-16-11, 12:50pm
I did a count (after your example) in November 2009 and had 274 things.....
I don't have an exact count but now have something like 130 things and have never been happier!
I think it is fun to count. I am not trying to reach a certain number but I do like seeing how much I have and the smaller the amount the easier it is to clean/keep track or/maintain.

Fawn
2-16-11, 2:20pm
I did a count (after your example) in November 2009 and had 274 things.....
I don't have an exact count but now have something like 130 things and have never been happier!
I think it is fun to count. I am not trying to reach a certain number but I do like seeing how much I have and the smaller the amount the easier it is to clean/keep track or/maintain.

Yep, that is the point: fun, happier. And as soon as you get down to an amount that is too low, you know that is your enough point.

And it is fun to keep resetting the enough point lower.....up to a point.;)

gail_d
2-16-11, 11:58pm
Am looking forward to reading your new list. Thanks! Always inspiring.

leslieann
2-17-11, 8:01am
Every time I see one of your counts, I think about the number of duplicate items we seem to have in this house. Five partly used tubes of sunscreen, for example. I struggle to pitch them out (waste not, want not) and I struggle even more to store and then remember to use them. I think about my winter shoes, as another example. Boots for work, boots for snowshoeing and walking the dog, a huge pair of snowmobile boots that I bought when I first moved to Canada (what was I thinking? Just another American with stereotypes), plus sneakers for the gym. That's just winter. I am feeling motivated to let some of this stuff go....thanks!

Fawn
2-18-11, 7:01am
Every time I see one of your counts, I think about the number of duplicate items we seem to have in this house. Five partly used tubes of sunscreen, for example. I struggle to pitch them out (waste not, want not) and I struggle even more to store and then remember to use them. I think about my winter shoes, as another example. Boots for work, boots for snowshoeing and walking the dog, a huge pair of snowmobile boots that I bought when I first moved to Canada (what was I thinking? Just another American with stereotypes), plus sneakers for the gym. That's just winter. I am feeling motivated to let some of this stuff go....thanks!

re: the partly used tubes of sunscreen--I think that it helps to store them all in one place so when you need sunscreen you just go there and grab one of the tubes. And sometimes, life requires duplicates. I remember the summer camp that required each of my children to have their own bottle of sunscreen, even though they were not physically separated from each other or their sunscreen during the day. Sunscreen is one of those things that decomposes fairly rapidly, so if it is a couple years old, it is probably not effective anymore and therefore OK to throw out.

leslieann
2-18-11, 7:56am
Thanks for the permission! I think I'll take care of that right now....ahh, freedom!