PDA

View Full Version : living closer to the floor

Zoe Girl
12-31-12, 11:32pm
So I am working on my bedroom, and I have small space, and I have laptops, and I also have my meditation cushion. So in the process I am sitting on my cushion with a tray table for the laptop on the floor and it is really comfortable. I am wondering about moving out the small desk that I don't like much anyway and taking that space for a shelf, then I can work on the floor with this little table more. if I need space for a big project I have the kitchen table to spread out on as well.

Hmmmm.

happystuff
1-1-13, 9:51am
I tried this in "my" corner of the living room. It didn't work out for a number of reasons, but I have not totally abandoned the concept. Thanks for reminding me that I want to try again.

Mrs-M
1-1-13, 11:27am
I say experiment with it.

When I was transitioning our youngest two from their cribs to beds, I removed the mattresses from the cribs, and slapped them down on the floor. Youngest one was climbing out of his crib regularly, anyhow, so the safety aspect was there (mattresses on floor), as was giving the boys more independence and freedom. They loved it.

If I had a larger home, I'd love to reserve one special room with floor-cushions/mats, only. It would be a Zen-like room. A place to meditate, recharge, relax, and rest.

bunnys
1-1-13, 1:05pm
You must be young and nimble...and pain free!

Zoe Girl
1-1-13, 1:41pm
You must be young and nimble...and pain free!

Well, LOL, mid-young, 46, and been sitting on the floor for about 20-25 years.

Float On
1-1-13, 1:50pm
I was always a floor sitter. Now I have a hard time getting up because I don't trust the ankle quite yet and never mastered the one foot leap.

Tussiemussies
1-1-13, 2:52pm
Neat idea, you can try it while the computer table is still around, before you put in a shelf to see if it is practical for you! Sounds like a great idea though! :)

ToomuchStuff
1-2-13, 12:06pm
A couple more options. I picked up a computer table that rolls over a couch or chair (only good for a laptop/netbook type of setup. For a desktop, OR laptop setup, you could build a shelf, with a pull out keyboard tray. (mount the monitor on the wall if a desktop)