PDA

View Full Version : January Gratitude

puglogic
1-1-13, 11:16pm
So many things to be thankful for. I'm warm and fed, was sick but now well, the dogs and husband are all happy, and when I turn the little silver handles, fresh clean drinking water comes out of multiple locations in my home. We are so fortunate. Happy 2013, all!

Jilly
1-1-13, 11:31pm
We had nearly a full day of sunshine today, after weeks grey skies. Lovely, but the sun was super today.

Sparrow
1-2-13, 5:14pm
I am glad I have a good job that I enjoy (most of the time!) to return to after the holidays. I am grateful my employer provides me with free public transportation to get there, saving me both gas and toll fees.

libby
1-2-13, 6:43pm
I'm thankful for a very flexible job. I am fighting the flu bug the last few days and it's no problem to rearrange my work schedule to stay home and get better.

puglogic
1-2-13, 7:44pm
I am so happy to have dogs that make me laugh all day long. The puppy has a huge ("bigger than him") ball and is butting it around the house like a soccer ball. So funny.

bunnys
1-2-13, 7:52pm
Back in November I posted in the November gratitude that I was grateful for the beautiful mute swan had come to the part of the river where I take my daily walk. The regulars at the park and I have been enjoying looking at the swan for the past 2 months. He's the talk of the park!

Well he WAS, that is. The last time I saw him was the day after Christmas. And this, after seeing him in the water on my walk EVERY SINGLE DAY. Day after day I'd go to the park looking for him. I talked with several people at the park in the past few days, wondering if he was gone. No one has seen him for nearly a week! :(

Until tonight! He's back! And he's got a GIRLFRIEND! Isn't that the cutest?

It made my day. And everyone else's who also saw him this evening.

JaneV2.0
1-3-13, 12:34pm
The weather is crisp and clear, the sky is a lovely blue, and on the way home from errands yesterday I spied the Olympic mountains peeking over the tree line. I have a big mug of hot chocolate and I'll be watching the Jodi Arias trial on line for at least part of the morning while I sort and pile recyclables. I have no complaints.

puglogic
1-5-13, 12:27pm
We have a sunny, bright, warming-up winter day today, and I love that I am able to get outside and take advantage of it.

larknm
1-7-13, 11:08am
When DH and our dogs go to the mountains every weekend they can (even though our parrot and I can't), they've come back every time so far. We're always glad to see each other

Tussiemussies
1-7-13, 2:02pm
So thankful that my DH is so great at DIY projects. He is working on the kitchen right now and got stuck at a certain point and looked it up on the DIY network and now thoroughly understands what to do. He also took the pantry, which was a mess and spackled away and is now ready to paint. Also almost every screen in the house was slashed by the cats they had owned. He replaced the screen on most of them and we are waiting for a special ladder so he can get to outer unreachable windows in the house.

I am amazed at how talented he is and had to brag! LOL!

LilyB
1-7-13, 8:28pm
I am thankful that we had the time and resources to visit all of our family during the past few weeks. We had such a wonderful time catching up with our relatives.

Tussiemussies
1-7-13, 8:38pm
I am thankful that we had the time and resources to visit all of our family during the past few weeks. We had such a wonderful time catching up with our relatives.

Sounds so nice for the holiday season...:)

Florence
1-7-13, 9:42pm
★ Three things that made me happy today★

Waking up, dozing back off to sleep, getting up when I am ready. This is such a blessing because for so many years I had to be up and out the door like a bullet to be in the OR pharmacy by 6:30am.

Listening to the sharp cries of the killdeers who are down for the winter.

Finally getting all my Christmas decorations down. Usually, everything is packed away on New Years Day.

Florence
1-9-13, 3:14pm
The housecleaners came today and my house is so nice and clean! I employ the nicest crew. They have helped me for about 10 years now. I was his first customer when he first started his business and now he has 4 people working for him. He has a website, business cards, everyone has a company shirt, and there is a magnetic business sign on the side of his vehicle. Nice to see. He is from El Salvador.

Tussiemussies
1-9-13, 3:20pm
Thankful for my precious dog today..

Thankful for hearing the rain spout in my bedroom, up it sounds like a water feature.

Thankful for the forums and Facebook which both have helped me in their own way so much!

citrine
1-9-13, 3:43pm
I am so very grateful that our new shower did not have to be replaced, just re-grouted and re-caulked!
I am grateful for 2 new clients this month through referrals.
I am grateful that hubby and I are on the same page financially on most things :)

Florence
1-12-13, 9:13pm

The cake was scrumptious!

Lunch with Tamara & Chris was nice.

It was good to see sweet Daisy.

I finished quilting the last of the 16 blocks on my quilt. Now to quilt the borders

Sparrow
1-12-13, 10:33pm
I am grateful that we had an unusually warm day and I was able to get a lot of yard work done.

I am grateful for a relaxing evening playing a board game with my husband

I am grateful that we had enough leftovers and didn't have to cook dinner

Florence
1-13-13, 11:53am
It is a cold, rainy, gray day. Perfect for being home and doing homey things: listening to the mockingbirds and chickadees at the bird feeders, reading good books and snuggling cats (my version of multi-tasking), making a baked potato for lunch, looking through seed catalogues, quilting, and this afternoon, listening to Bob Edwards Weekend on NPR. And Downton Abbey this evening.

Mighty Frugal
1-13-13, 4:25pm
Florence, you are making me feel all warm and fuzzy!!

I am thankful for
Enjoying a kid movie with my goobers at our small local rep theatre this afternoon

Stopped by our local park afterward and chatted with neighbours I haven't seen in a while

So many good NatGeo shows I PVRed

Off to make my lunches for the week-romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, white kidney beans, cubed cheese and raw almonds-mmm..I make enough for the week

puglogic
1-15-13, 1:49pm
It is obscenely cold here (-15 when I woke up) and I am so grateful for this warm house and the warm fuzzy fleecy blanket a friend gave me to keep my tootsies warm.

I'm also grateful for the package of dog chewies that arrived by mail, after finding them at half-price on the web. That will give my dogs something to do this afternoon.

The people here on SLF just delight me so. Even the ones I don't agree with.

Gardenarian
1-15-13, 3:38pm
I'm so grateful for my mother-in-law, who has been very ill but seems to be rallying. She's just the best.

I'm grateful for my new work schedule - YAY for 4-day week-ends every week!

I'm grateful for the cold - it's rarely in the 30s here and it makes me appreciate our normally comfortable climate!

Tussiemussies
1-15-13, 3:51pm
I'm so grateful for my mother-in-law, who has been very ill but seems to be rallying. She's just the best.

I'm grateful for my new work schedule - YAY for 4-day week-ends every week!

I'm grateful for the cold - it's rarely in the 30s here and it makes me appreciate our normally comfortable climate!

Glad that you MIL is rallying against whatever her sickness is...

A four day work week is fantastic! Yay for you!!!

SteveinMN
1-15-13, 6:27pm
Grateful for...

... a machine I can get into at any time which will take me pretty much wherever I want to go, safely and comfortably. It may be getting old and showing its age, but I'm glad I have my car.

... not having to share rush hour with people who'd rather not be there in the first place.

... the bean soup I just made which will keep us warm as the cold descends.

Tussiemussies
1-15-13, 6:32pm
Back in November I posted in the November gratitude that I was grateful for the beautiful mute swan had come to the part of the river where I take my daily walk. The regulars at the park and I have been enjoying looking at the swan for the past 2 months. He's the talk of the park!

Well he WAS, that is. The last time I saw him was the day after Christmas. And this, after seeing him in the water on my walk EVERY SINGLE DAY. Day after day I'd go to the park looking for him. I talked with several people at the park in the
past few days, wondering if he was gone. No one has seen him for nearly a week! :(

Until tonight! He's back! And he's got a GIRLFRIEND! Isn't that the cutest?

It made my day. And everyone else's who also saw him this evening.

Love this!

Florence
1-15-13, 8:14pm

Woke up feeling peppy and did the exercise bike. So in addition to feeling peppy, I felt quite virtuous.

My sweet Bandit wanted to share his dinner with me and brought me a freshly killed field mouse. I politely declined his offer.

We are planning a spring trip to Washington, D.C. and I am looking forward to the museums.

puglogic
1-24-13, 9:34pm
Grateful for friends who are perfectly delighted to come and take a long, slow, walk-and-talk with me, no particular reason, just a beautiful day.

nswef
1-27-13, 11:46am
I am very grateful for the book The Joy Diet suggested somewhere on this site. It has made me focus on what makes me smile. I am to think of 5 things for each sense that I love. I've been using it to go to sleep, calm my churning thoughts and feel happy! So, grateful for this site as well.

LilyB
1-28-13, 6:56pm
I am so grateful that my Mom's mind is still working so well after her stroke and that she has learned to speak again. She has a long rehabilitation ahead, and she probably always will be paralyzed on her right side, but she is alive and full of fight.

puglogic
1-28-13, 7:10pm
I am very grateful for the book The Joy Diet suggested somewhere on this site. It has made me focus on what makes me smile. I am to think of 5 things for each sense that I love. I've been using it to go to sleep, calm my churning thoughts and feel happy! So, grateful for this site as well.

Hooray, nswef! I love The Joy Diet.

treehugger
1-28-13, 7:21pm
I had a bad morning after going to my community college to try to get the academic counseling office to take care of a form (boring details not important). They were clearly also all having a bad day in there and I was pretty sure my form was going to get thrown in the trash after I left. Well, I just got an email saying they are processing it. I am happy to admit I was wrong! And thankful the what I needed done is on its way to being completed without further trips down there. I made sure to be extra effusive in my thanks emailed back.

Kara

Lainey
1-28-13, 8:05pm
Grateful that my roof replacement was delayed, because we've had record-breaking rain this past week. The timing would have been terrible if it had gone through as scheduled.

Grateful for a friend who got us free tickets to a great lecture next month that I hadn't known about.

Gardenarian
1-29-13, 1:27pm
Grateful to feel that I am once again connected to my creative self.
Grateful for having all that I need, and more.
Grateful for being able to give.

puglogic
2-1-13, 5:11am
Not so grateful that one of my two sick dogs had an "accident" that just took me an hour, in the middle of the night, to clean from the living room carpet :(

But thankful that he's still here, I can hear him breathing softly in the dark. Thankful we have a comfortable couch where I can sleep and stand watch over him, if he should have to go outside before morning. And so grateful for all he's given us - truly a member of our household, and has always done his "jobs" well and loved us the best he could.

puglogic
2-1-13, 5:13am
Not so grateful that one of my two sick dogs had an "accident" that just took me an hour, in the middle of the night, to clean from the living room carpet :(

But thankful that he's still here, I can hear him breathing softly in the dark. Thankful we have a comfortable couch where I can sleep and stand watch over him, if he should have to go outside before morning. And so grateful for all he's given us - truly a member of our household, and has always done his "jobs" well and loved us the best he could.