PDA

View Full Version : Almost there

shadowmoss
1-7-13, 8:50am
I'm posting success already because 2 out of 3 things are successfully paid off. I got the credit cards paid off in December. Last week I sent the check to pay off my Jeep. This only leave my house, which is in TN and I'm in Honduras. The deadbeat tenant is now gone from the house, and I am having contractors give me quotes to get it up to codes again to put it on the market, again. So, I may have a small dip during that process. However, the success part is that in my 2.3 years down here in Honduras working (DOD contractor) I have paid off around $50K of debt. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

artist
1-7-13, 9:23am
Awesome!

iris lily
1-7-13, 9:30am
I'm posting success already because 2 out of 3 things are successfully paid off. I got the credit cards paid off in December. Last week I sent the check to pay off my Jeep. This only leave my house, which is in TN and I'm in Honduras. The deadbeat tenant is now gone from the house, and I am having contractors give me quotes to get it up to codes again to put it on the market, again. So, I may have a small dip during that process. However, the success part is that in my 2.3 years down here in Honduras working (DOD contractor) I have paid off around $50K of debt. I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

WOW! Amazing progress!

MamaM
1-7-13, 9:33am
Congrat!!! This is awesome and inspirational.

razz
1-7-13, 11:37am
That is truly amazing! Well done!

Tussiemussies
1-7-13, 1:56pm

That is so great that you were able to accomplish this in the time frame that you did. Wish you all the best with your house situation!

ctg492
1-7-13, 6:53pm
Major accomplishment!!!:cool:

awakenedsoul
1-7-13, 8:26pm
That's incredible. It will just get easier. It's amazing the shift, (psychologically,) when you are out of debt. (And you stay out of debt.)

Lainey
1-7-13, 8:35pm
Congratulations, shadowmoss. Well deserved.

lhamo
1-8-13, 3:58am
AWESOME! if handled correctly, an international assignment can be a great get-out-of-debt/build up your savings strategy. It is amazing how much of their fabulous expat packages some people piss away. Not that you had one, but I see an awful lot of waste and mindless spending among expats in China. People who choose to live comparatively frugally like we do can become wealthy comparatively quickly.

Good luck selling the house!

lhamo

Zoebird
1-8-13, 4:02am
That is truly, truly wonderful!

shadowmoss
1-8-13, 10:20am
Thanks for the good strokes, everyone. Yeah, I'm guarding the CC (lack of) balances very closely. A contractor is going to the house today to look at it. The previous deadbeat tenant had the porch condemned thinking he could make me pay to fix it and then he could buy the house still at the low rate I had told him I'd sell it to him. He also decided he didn't need to pay rent, so he is history now. However, the codes folks now are involved. I'll see how this goes.

Yeah, I see the guys down here drink and party and travel around with new girlfriends and buy them phones and drinks and all the stuff that goes with being down here. Big trucks that always need repairs. High end (for here) large houses for 1 person. My goal to be able to live back in the States put any of that I may have wanted, and most of it I did not, on the back burner. I'm kinda sorry I haven't seen more of the area while I'm down here, but I really want to get back home.

Spartana
1-8-13, 1:03pm
Whoo Hoo! Way to go Shadowmoss. Now we just need to get you out of all those pants. Wait...that didn't sound right :-)! I mean, next is to de-clutter the 70 pairs of pants you have in storage.