PDA

View Full Version : M-Commerce

MaryHu
1-11-13, 1:45am
I heard a story on All Things Considered today about people buying stuff from their mobile devices. This quote really stood out for me:

"...our goal is for someone to go from wanting something to buying it in under 30 seconds."
"That's Sam Hall, who is the vice president of mobile shopping at Amazon."

Ah jeez do we have to wait that long?

When I think of how carefully most of the members on these boards consider before buying something I think "Man we are way out of step with the mainstream...

...THANK GOD!" ;)

sweetana3
1-11-13, 5:31am
I agree so much. I struggle with impulse control and now love the "watch or wish lists" on Ebay and Amazon. I can note something of interest and most often just delete it after thinking about the item or researching it.

Our favorite story is we spent 15 years saving, talking and considering buying a motor home. Decided against it and now have a hefty savings account that we have added to over 35 years called "the motor home account".

Lainey
1-11-13, 7:28pm
I'm out of the mainstream too.

This week at work a co-worker was bidding on eBay on his phone, while working on a report on his work laptop. Got the report done and also got the winning bid on eBay. He was happy.

Gardenarian
1-29-13, 1:29pm
Yep, nearly instant gratification. I bet the regret lasts a lot longer!

Yossarian
1-29-13, 3:29pm
I don't buy much, and I never go to malls or stores, but when I do decide to buy something I love just pushing the button on Amazon and having it show up at my door 2 days later. Good lord, why would you want to be hassled with a bunch of process just to buy something? Or have a hard time searching for it? It's great being able to comparison shop without going from store to store.

Buy less, buy smart, and buy it with 1-click from your ipad while sitting in your comfy chair when you do.

Gregg
1-29-13, 10:39pm
Groceries aside, if I don't absolutely have to try it on to know if it will work I probably buy it online. I don't really relish spending time in malls or Wal-Mart or anywhere else that plays canned music, but overwhelms my senses in every other way. However, it does usually take me more than 30 seconds to decide to buy.