PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive vacation rental on Maui?

redfox
2-16-11, 12:10am
My husband has a work gig on Maui for 3 months, and for our May birthdays I'm flying out to spend a week with him. I'm looking for a sweet, affordable cottage or cabin on Maui for the dates of May 5-11. Would prefer simple & comfy, I need electricity, and I am hoping for under $75 a night. Leads are greatly appreciated!!
Thanks.

chrisgermany
2-16-11, 5:00am
Maybe better post on the travel boards?

mm1970
2-16-11, 10:55pm
Try vrbo.com. YOu might be able to find something for that. The last time I was able to find something for $75/night, it was 1999. But a quick vrbo search showed some places for around $80/night. Will depend on location.

Simplemind
2-16-11, 11:09pm
vrbo.com +1 I use them often. You have an advantage because you will be going for an extended stay. Make an offer. I have made one every time an have never been refused.

redfox
2-17-11, 12:45am
awesome, thanks!

Float On
2-17-11, 7:39am
I'm so jealous - that will be a great trip.
I have the opposite problem. I have a friend with a condo there who has offered it to me 'anytime'......I just can't get there anytime soon.

jennipurrr
2-17-11, 9:30am
You may also want to check craigslist. I had a friend find an apartment in Paris for NYE that was going to be vacant as the owner was traveling. It was a great deal for both parties.