PDA

View Full Version : How to get large water spot off oak table?

CathyA
1-28-13, 2:08pm
DH left a wet kitchen towel on our oak table and now there's a large white area on it.
Anyone know how to remove it? Anyone have a tried and true method?
Thanks.

catherine
1-28-13, 3:15pm
I've heard take a little vegetable oil on a cloth and dab it in baking soda and then rub.

treehugger
1-28-13, 3:28pm
First, smack your husband with that wet towel (;)), then try Catherine's suggestion.

I don't have a tried and true method. We have a white mark on our coffee table (from a hot bowl of soup, even though it was on a place mat) and we ended up having to turn the table around so the mark was covered by a runner we always keep on one end of it (it's a big coffee table). But, I suspect our mark is in the varnish layer, not on the wood itself, so any solution for us will involve refinishing.

Good luck!

Kara

Gardenarian
1-29-13, 2:58pm
Vaseline has worked for many times - apply a fairly thick layer and let it sit for a while, then wipe clean. Voila!

CathyA
1-29-13, 4:00pm
Thanks everyone! LOL.........yes, I should have smacked DH with the wet towel for doing that. :laff:

fidgiegirl
1-29-13, 7:49pm
I had something come through my Pinterest feed for how to fix this, but did not pin it. If you go to Pinterest and search you might find some ideas. You can search without a membership.