PDA

View Full Version : New roomie has moved in!

SiouzQ.
2-14-13, 7:34pm
Today was the day! KB moved his stuff into the spare room and made it very nice in a short amount of time. I feel very comfortable with him in the house; it feels more right than the last roommate. Maybe it is because with the last roommate I had to get over the feeling of giving up my sanctuary of solitude and now I am much more open to the idea. I guess she broke me into the idea of sharing my space. At any rate, KB is a very friendly, very easy to talk to kind of guy, and very easy-going, like a 26 year old guy should be.
I got home at 3pm from work and he was moving his stuff around and I was even able to take a quick little cat-nap and not be bothered by the little bit of sound coming from his room. Now that IS progress on my part.

Tradd
2-14-13, 7:37pm
Hope it contin to work out!

ToomuchStuff
2-14-13, 8:35pm
KB isn't in the common abbreviations.

cdttmm
2-14-13, 10:07pm
KB isn't in the common abbreviations.

I think KB is her roommate's initials.

cdttmm
2-14-13, 10:08pm
Great news, SouizQ. Good luck as you move forward!

SiouzQ.
2-15-13, 1:17am
Yes. Roommate's initials it is.

CathyA
2-15-13, 7:17am
Sounds good SiouzQ! Glad to hear it.

Tussiemussies
2-15-13, 3:07pm
Sound great that you were able to nap without being awoken by sounds. Sounds like they may be thoughtful!

Good luck with your new arrangement!!!

Gardenarian
2-19-13, 6:44pm
Off to a good start! Congrats!

SiouzQ.
2-27-13, 7:36pm
Just wanted to check in to give an update: it's going really good! KB has been well brought up by his mama (who I have met; he brought her here last weekend). He is polite, respectful of my space, keeps quiet watching movies in his room (as he is a movie buff ), doesn't cook anything at all, makes no mess and is always asking if he can help with something around the house. The bathroom doesn't really need cleaning yet, but I'll give him that task soon.

He pays $300 per month and he was gone for two days last weekend! Now how ideal is this?!!!! :)

CathyA
2-28-13, 5:56am
Glad to hear that its working out for you this time SiouzQ!
Just curious.......how big is your house? Does he have his own bathroom? Does he just have 1 room?
I rented a room from a couple once when I was younger. I had a bedroom and one other room to use like a living room.
Again, so glad its working out for you!

larknm
2-28-13, 10:48am
I'm glad you stuck with it and realized the first roomate played a "break in" purpose.