PDA

View Full Version : Another way of life. . . (was Bae featured?) :D

Zoebird
2-23-13, 5:44am
Found this one on my internet wanderings today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prN8xW_e4A0

I really enjoyed seeing how others live off-grid.

These kinds of things inspire me to think about my energy usage in different ways.

In terms of power and water, I am looking at putting our electronics on solar (using those cool "base camp" kits), adjusting our kitchen down to *actual* rather than perceived use (and possibly putting that on solar), and using less hot water overall (I don't know how to move this to solar). . I'm also working on using less water -- such as 5 liters per person, per day for food/drinking and washing (dishes, clothes, and self -- just as a personal challenge, and it's the earth quake recommended daily allotment).

It always gets me thinking!

MamaM
2-23-13, 8:12am
OMG..I loved it!!! They are such unique people who seem really happy and that 80 year old could kick some fitness butt!!! WOW!!!

Float On
2-23-13, 11:49am
Loved it....except for the thought of that much wet, mucky dog hair.

happystuff
2-23-13, 2:36pm
I love it! Thanks so much for sharing.

Zoebird
2-23-13, 3:20pm
I thought that 80 yr old guy was doing well, too. I think it was just what the lifestyle demands -- all of that climbing and good physical work.

That much dog hair would be a lot for me, too. Also, I thought it was cool that the lady had an unassisted childbirth. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd planned it, with how casual she was about it. Even if there was no time for anyone to come out, she was like 'Yeah, birth, no bigs." Which is basically how we UCers roll out.