PDA

View Full Version : going to legislative session

larknm
2-28-13, 11:18am
I went to a state legislative session yesterday for a bill that matters to me a lot--outlawing traps that catch wildlife. I spoke, learned a lot about the process, and felt a lot better than just supporting things by responding to emails like I usually do for causes I care a lot about.

Lainey
2-28-13, 8:52pm
That's great - it's good for them to see people show up in person. Even better, in a group.
I once heard a state legislator talk about looking out in the legislative hearing room to a sea of people in red t-shirts. Can't remember what their cause was, and the legislator said afterwards it was probably only about 30 people, but in a coordinated group like that it sure makes your supporters look like a much bigger group than they might actually be.

iris lily
2-28-13, 9:51pm
I went to a state legislative session yesterday for a bill that matters to me a lot--outlawing traps that catch wildlife. I spoke, learned a lot about the process, and felt a lot better than just supporting things by responding to emails like I usually do for causes I care a lot about.

I'm so glad that you went.