PDA

View Full Version : New Kindle for $1.99 (sort of)

catherine
3-14-13, 5:37pm
Last night my good old trusty Kindle died. I was so hoping I could fix it, but I did all the troubleshooting, and then got on the chat with Amazon and learned there's really nothing to do but buy a new one (it is a few years old). The warranty has long since expired, so he offered me a discount on some older refurbished Kindles "with special offers". I really don't want advertising on my Kindle, so I asked him what else he had, and he offered me $20 off a Paperwhite. So I took that. Then I remembered I had an Amazon gift card for $100 kicking around, so I put that in my Amazon account, so I wound up with the gift card, a $20 promotion applied, a $10 promotion applied, and then they asked me if I wanted $34.00 of American Express points that I had racked up applied to the purchase, and I said yes.. Bill came to $1.99, and I get it tomorrow!

I hate to use "love" when describing my feelings for Amazon, but I have to say that I had a very good shopping experience online today, and thought I'd share.

Dhiana
3-14-13, 5:49pm
SWEET!!! I love Amazon too! The ability to obtain books so easily overseas through the Kindle has saved my sanity!

Tussiemussies
3-14-13, 5:51pm
What a great frugal buy! You did so great! :). We bought Amazon prime this year since we order a lot for various needed items and have had fantastic 2-day service every time. It has been well worth it for us....

Tussiemussies
3-14-13, 5:52pm
P.s. If you have an iPad you can get a Kindle app for it. Just FYI...:)

catherine
3-14-13, 6:00pm
P.s. If you have an iPad you can get a Kindle app for it. Just FYI...:)

Yes, I know! DH has the iPad so he uses the kindle app for his books. But I do download books on my Kindle iPhone app for reading in supermarket lines and stuff. It's amazing how easy they are to read even on that little screen.

Tussiemussies
3-14-13, 6:17pm
Yes, I know! DH has the iPad so he uses the kindle app for his books. But I do download books on my Kindle iPhone app for reading in supermarket lines and stuff. It's amazing how easy they are to read even on that little screen.

I don't have the iPhone, but what a great idea, reading in the supermarket lines!

IshbelRobertson
3-14-13, 6:23pm
I dread the day my Kindle gives up the ghost!

I have approx 30 books still unread.

Azure
3-15-13, 5:13pm
Wow, Catherine. That's some good shopping!

catherine
3-15-13, 5:22pm
Got it today--so far so good!

JaneV2.0
3-15-13, 5:29pm
I have a Kindle app on my laptop, as I'm still holding off on the tablet/phablet, whatever.