PDA

View Full Version : The Great Room Mate Experiment Is Going To Be Drawing To A Close (again)

SiouzQ.
3-16-13, 12:43pm
KB just informed me that he will be moving out by next week end...oh, the impermanence of things...it seemed to be working out pretty good but...he says he is not actually saving any money by living closer to work, that he owes his mom money still, the fact I don't have cable TV...whatever.

I think I will just happily go back to living my quiet monastic life once again...and hold off on trying the room mate experience again, perhaps forever...now what to do about the cat I am watching the week after next? I signed up to help open a new Wholefoods down in South Bend, ID and I was kind of counting on KB to feed the cat while I'm gone.

MamaM
3-16-13, 1:16pm
Is there a neighbor who could help?

Your monostic life sounds wonderful. And why did he get cable then? Seriously?

SiouzQ.
3-16-13, 2:46pm
When you are 26 your priorities are quite different...and I think he really misses his mom (doesn't have to pay her rent, she has cable, internet, etc). Who knows?

It was really nice being able to cut my living expenses waaaay down while it lasted, but before I get into this thing again I have to really, REALLY ask myself is it worth it? He has been a much better room mate than the previous one as far as respecting my lifestyle (he never smoked cigs or pot in the house), he never cooked or made a mess, he was helpful and cleaned the bathroom. Our schedules ended up being quite different, as I often had to work the am shift where he worked the night shift. So I've had to be quiet in the mornings while he slept, but I got the house to myself at night but went to bed early so I could get up a 5am.

I just know in my heart that I am much more comfortable being here alone at my cozy place. My life has been somewhat chaotic since last fall when I was working so much, trying out these different room mate situations and trying dating.
Arghh! Everything feels way too complicated and I simply must regroup/reshift things to where I am most comfortable.
Self-care being a major component - I am in the middle of quitting smoking, drastically cutting my caffeine intake, trying to get my muscles back in a non-pain state from the fall I took a week ago, and aiming somehow for a more consistent work schedule so I don't get so wigged out from lack of sleep.