PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for stuff in my freezer

TMC
2-22-11, 8:21pm
I have some whole frozen plum tomatoes in my freezer from summer, trying to think of some way to use them besides just making sauce....anybody have any ideas what the heck to do with them? Thanks guys!

Charity
2-23-11, 2:50pm
If I were you, I'd make tomato focaccia bread. Just make sure you thaw and press the moisture out of the tomatoes before you top the dough.

Another thing I make sometimes is spinach and tomato quiche. Basically, you partially bake a pie crust. Then make a basic quiche egg and milk and/or cream mixture. Put about an inch thick layer of grated mozarella cheese in the bottom of the partially baked crust. Top that with two boxes of frozen chopped spinach squeezed as dry as possible. Add the egg mixture to fill and bake it at 350 until just barely set. Then top it with tomatoes (I used canned but frozen will do) that have also been squeezed dry and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese, a little bit of garlic powder and oregano. Put it back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the parmesan cheese melts.

Gina
2-23-11, 4:54pm
I often toss frozen whole tomatoes into almost any kind of soup. And they are great in stews too. And many chicken dishes. Oh, and slow-cooked pork chile verde... Yum. There is always salsa too, if they are not too moist.

Hope
3-10-11, 11:35pm
My favorite is Cream of Tomato Soup. Sure beats canned soup.