PDA

View Full Version : April Gratitude

puglogic
4-1-13, 11:19am
Grateful for the annual NPR April Fool's Day story this morning, which made me giggle (the 90's re-enactments, where everyone drank Zima and had found just the right eye makeup) Actually grateful for all the jokes (google, youtube, twitter, etc)

razz
4-1-13, 5:57pm
Have to say that I am grateful for my family and neighbours who have added so much joy and ease to my life.
I am grateful that my freezer still has a good supply of goodies to feed me for quite while yet.
Easter was mild with sunshine which was a great treat and soon I will wheel out my little greenhouse with started plants to get the light they need.
Wow, I tried to find a sample of the little greenhouse to show everyone and was shocked at the price of the identical one to mine for which I paid $35.

http://www.wayfair.com/Jewett-Cameron-Early-Start-PVC-Growing-Rack-Greenhouse-IS-66402-STL1028.html
Now I am grateful that I bought it when I did and can grow things later into the fall as well.

SiouzQ.
4-1-13, 9:30pm
It has been twenty one days since my last cigarette and grateful to be feeling good!

JaneV2.0
4-1-13, 11:12pm
I'm grateful to have found my second set of keys that has been missing for a month, and to have squared away all my boring financial business early. And that my recalcitrant left knee is slowly mending (again).

JaneV2.0
4-2-13, 12:05pm
I doubt "grateful" is the word, but I'm unaccountably excited that Grimm has set up their trailers two blocks from where I grew up and I'm getting updates from a friend who lives nearby. She laments that her dog is too old for more than one walk a day, which limits her "stalking."

iris lily
4-2-13, 9:26pm
I doubt "grateful" is the word, but I'm unaccountably excited that Grimm has set up their trailers two blocks from where I grew up and I'm getting updates from a friend who lives nearby. She laments that her dog is too old for more than one walk a day, which limits her "stalking."

I will tell DH, just yesterday he was chattering to me about Grimm. He watches it all the time.

JaneV2.0
4-2-13, 9:31pm
I will tell DH, just yesterday he was chattering to me about Grimm. He watches it all the time.

Bloodshed aside, it makes the old hood look very noir and appealing. In last week's episode, there was an incident at a dive bar (the Lotus) that I frequented in my youth, when it was even dive-ier. I could have told 'em to avoid the place...
:sick:

Azure
4-3-13, 7:05pm
I've been thinking about how grateful I am for DH's job. His salary doubled in less than 5 years from what it was at his old job. Great insurance benefits. Vacation & time off. And the thing I'm especially grateful for right now is the deferred comp account that has been accumulating. We have been able to use this to help pay for our DS's college. It is a real blessing.

puglogic
4-3-13, 7:35pm
Grateful for my little French Bulldog, who is game to go with me on all kinds of errands and just sits quietly in the passenger seat, watching the world go by.

Gardenarian
4-8-13, 5:42pm
I finished my novel!

puglogic
4-8-13, 6:38pm
Congrats, Gardenarian!

SiouzQ.
4-8-13, 7:26pm
Second that congrats! What a feeling of accomplishment you must have!

Tradd
4-8-13, 7:44pm
Congrats, G! :-D

JaneV2.0
4-8-13, 9:21pm
I finished my novel!

Most excellent news!

Jilly
4-8-13, 9:34pm
I finished my novel!

Yay!

treehugger
4-9-13, 12:02pm
Am so unbelievably (and selfishly!) grateful that I did not catch the 'flu or conjunctivitis that my DH has been battling for almost 2 weeks. Whew!

Kara

Tussiemussies
4-9-13, 4:53pm
I finished my novel!

Congratulations to you Gardenarian! What a great accomplishment! :)

Tussiemussies
4-9-13, 4:56pm
I am grateful for my husband and his talents, he has refurbished the kitchen cabinets and did such a great and thorough job on it, I am so proud of him. Our kitchen is almost done now except for the backsplash and paint; there is only a little area to paint. So glad, it was disgusting before when we first moved in...

Gardenarian
4-9-13, 6:53pm
Thanks everyone! Now, onto the rewrite!

puglogic
4-9-13, 10:54pm
Grateful that our blizzard turned out to be more of an annoyance than a catastrophe.
Grateful for my husband, who is suffering from insomnia and a bad tooth, but still is funny and kind.
Grateful for the little garlic sprouts starting to show in the front garden...gave me fantasies of bruschetta come summer.

Florence
4-10-13, 8:13pm
I am thankful for quiet times. No radio, television, or CD. Just quiet. I can hear the birds in the trees and the bees on the salvia, the clock ticking, the hum of the refrigerator, and that's it. Nice

SteveinMN
4-11-13, 10:13am
I am grateful that:

- three years ago yesterday, I married my best friend. Life's been a wonderful ride with her next to me!

- one year ago today, I gave notice at my HSSJ. Which made my remaining six weeks there a little less HSS...

Jilly
4-12-13, 12:05am
...- three years ago yesterday, I married my best friend. Life's been a wonderful ride with her next to me!...

Oh, that is amazing. You are both so fortunate to have found each other. Good work. :) Sigh.

Today I am grateful for being able to survive one more assault and coming out with just a teeny bit more strength, something I doubted would be possible. Life is so hard when someone else is working to distress and inconvenience and hurt you. Gosh, I am so grateful for so many things lately.

razz
4-12-13, 11:18am
As I am working though a particular issue I am so grateful for the family support that is unfolding in ways that I could hot have imagined.
Despite all the rain and wind, I am grateful that both my dog and I can be comfortable and safe in my cozy abode.

puglogic
4-12-13, 12:08pm
As I start the cancer journey with my little dog, I'm so grateful for all the time we've had together. I've had the blessing of his sweet, funny, affectionate company for 11 years, and that can't ever be taken away.

puglogic
4-17-13, 1:38pm
Today it will snow and snow and snow, and in April, I could think of things I like more than shoveling snow. Like planting seeds/plants, hiking with the dogs, washing my truck....

BUT I am warm and safe and dry. I have some new Mexican hot cocoa mix in the cupboard that has cinnamon and chili in it. My dogs are snuggled around, playing with their toys. I have good work to do, and will get paid for it. And there's a basketball game on TV tonight, to watch wrapped in a down comforter with my cocoa.

I'm grateful for my life.

larknm
4-18-13, 11:37am
I am grateful for puglogic's "and that can never be taken away." So important to know.

puglogic
4-30-13, 12:02am
Grateful for a warm, sunny, springlike day, just before another round of rain and snow! :)

razz
4-30-13, 8:09am
This past weekend I got through a special gathering of family and friends with deep gratitude for the evidence of all the good surrounding and supporting me.

The sun is shining today and I will mow the lawn with my new John Deere riding lawn mower for the first time.

The daffodils are in full colour and dancing in the breeze.

puglogic
4-30-13, 12:43pm
I am grateful for science today, specifically the advances in veterinary medicine that will help save my little companion dog's life. Today he is having surgery for cancer (hopefully sleeping, with his trusty stuffed horse by his side) and the hope is that he'll see 5-7 more years of life because of it. I can't wait to see his silly pug face again.

JaneV2.0
4-30-13, 3:17pm
Though I have a jaundiced view of modern medicine in general, I'm grateful for the times when it works. Best wishes for your little pal's speedy recovery, Puglogic.