PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in miracles?

happystuff
4-17-13, 6:11pm
I do! Well, actually you can call them whatever you like, but I do believe. And I believe we receive what we need at that point in time when we really need it.

I am about to share more on a public internet forum than I ever have... probably because I am on my second glass of wine. ;)

On the 1 year anniversary of my son's death, I was a mess. There is no other way to say it - I was truly an emotional wreck. I barely remember most of it, but what I DO remember is this... my youngest had a baseball game on a field that was a walkable distance from the house. I leashed up the dog and we took off... walked down the street, around the corner and started crossing to the other side. Right in the middle of the road, I found a little silver heart-shaped charm-thingie etched with two hearts joined by a ribbon. I believe this was a gift of comfort from my son - our two hearts forever entwined together. It was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it.

Yesterday I finally completed reading Crossing Over by John Edward. One of the things he always says is that when he is given the symbol of pink roses, it means "I love you".

Today is the 5th anniversary of my son's death. We have a tradition of taking flowers to 5 different locations where 5 different groups planted trees in his honor. One of the locations is a religious shrine that hosts an annual culture camp that my son attended for many years. Upon arrival, I had to use the restroom (of course! lol) and I went inside. There in the hallway were two "yard sale" type tables filled with various religious items available for a "donation" - crosses, pins, medals of various saints, prayer books, angel paraphenalia of every kind, etc. And there, right in the middle of the 2nd table, was a little sterling silver charm of a rose in bloom... the only non-religious item in the bunch! And my gift today from my son. Call me silly or grasping at straws or whatever, but I know it's true, because - as I said in the beginning - I do believe in miracles. This was exactly what I needed at exactly the time I needed it. :)

Thank you for letting me share and I ask... do you believe in miracles?

Gardenarian
4-17-13, 6:25pm
Yes, I believe in miracles. My heart goes out to you, happystuff.

Mrs-M
4-17-13, 6:37pm
Beautiful. Yes, I believe in miracles. God bless you, Happystuff.

razz
4-17-13, 10:47pm
Gifts of the heart to the heart are a miracle anytime.

Tussiemussies
4-17-13, 10:48pm
I do believe in miracles happy stuff and have also have had my share of them too.

Am so sorry about your son and glad that you receive signs of his love... God bless you for what you have gone through...

Christine

JaneV2.0
4-17-13, 10:56pm
I believe that life is a delicious mystery, and also that the cosmic consciousness communicates with us if we're open to listening to it.

iris lily
4-17-13, 11:29pm
I believe in the miraculous ability of humans to transcend difficult circumstances and find light. I believe in the amazing ability of the human mind to find deep meaning in synchronicity. So in that, yes, I believe in miracles!

Float On
4-18-13, 8:59am
I believe.
A family friend was scheduled for surgery for cancer on his face. They were going to have to remove most of his lower jaw. Lots of prayer and a healing. He went in for pre-op screening and the cancer was gone.

I had a dream about an uncle that had passed away. I wrote a letter to my aunt and described the dream and what he said. It was the message she needed in the timing she needed it.

goldensmom
4-18-13, 10:31am
I believe in miracles…the water turned into wine, blind men cured, lepers healed, Lazarus raised from the dead, the tempest stilled and many more.

citrine
4-18-13, 1:18pm
Of course! This lifetime is a miracle....to be here and experiencing the world, having the people in my life, and the things that have happened over the years! I love signs :)

Weston
4-18-13, 2:19pm
No I don't believe in miracles (at least in the common definition of an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws and considered to be somehow divine). But I'm thrilled beyond measure that you had that experience that gave you comfort and joy.

rosarugosa
4-18-13, 2:56pm
I think Iris Lilies said it well.

catherine
4-18-13, 6:03pm
I think it's a shame to cut ourselves off from the possibility of miracles. I agree with citrine: aren't we living a miracle right now?

The Storyteller
4-18-13, 9:18pm
Thank you for letting me share and I ask... do you believe in miracles?

I do.

For you.

happystuff
4-19-13, 7:25am
I will admit that I was quite nervous about posting something so personal. Thank you so much for all the responses, perspectives, and kind words. As for "miracles" - such an interesting, personal, subjective phenomena.

JaneV2.0
4-19-13, 10:21am
There's a theory that we create our own reality, so maybe some of us live in a more mechanistic, predictable dimension than others of us do. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/connie/connie_34.gif

iris lilies
4-19-13, 11:30am
There's a theory that we create our own reality, so maybe some of us live in a more mechanistic, predictable dimension than others of us do. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/connie/connie_34.gif

I slightly into the aspie scale, as I am learning. I take things way too literally. DH--same thing. The spiritual realm isn't our thing.

JaneV2.0
4-19-13, 11:48am
I slightly into the aspie scale, as I am learning. I take things way too literally. DH--same thing. The spiritual realm isn't our thing.

Only slightly? Then I have you beat. I scored 34 on an on-line test that noted "Scores over 32 are generally taken to indicate Asperger's disease or high-functioning Autism, with more than 34 an extreme score." Just call me Spock. I don't buy it; I can be as fanciful as anyone (I have Bigfoot on speed dial) and I have no trouble reading social cues. If I hadn't been skeptical of putting labels on people for stepping outside whatever the hell "normal" is before the test, I certainly am now.

iris lily
4-19-13, 1:32pm
Only slightly? Then I have you beat. I scored 34 on an on-line test that noted "Scores over 32 are generally taken to indicate Asperger's disease or high-functioning Autism, with more than 34 an extreme score." Just call me Spock. I don't buy it; I can be as fanciful as anyone (I have Bigfoot on speed dial) and I have no trouble reading social cues. If I hadn't been skeptical of putting labels on people for stepping outside whatever the hell "normal" is before the test, I certainly am now.

haha I haven't actually taken a test, I just am watching my aging self become more literal. I have to slap myself out of that.

JaneV2.0
4-19-13, 2:44pm
haha I haven't actually taken a test, I just am watching my aging self become more literal. I have to slap myself out of that.

Come sit over here by me and let's wait for the mother ship. http://i.imgur.com/M7PBp.gif

Xmac
4-20-13, 1:10am
Maybe miracles are what's possible finally making its debut.

When I was a kid I once went down a very dark hill road on a bike during a humid summer night. As I went faster and faster I came to a long stretch of fireflies. They appeared as streaks of light going by alla Star Wars warp drive, with the fragrance of some summer flowers in the background.

The experience wasn't impossible yet it was miraculous.

Paver1951
4-20-13, 4:11am
yes i do believe in miracles

poetry_writer
4-23-13, 9:00am
I believe in miracles. It has snowed here(and I live in Texas) on several occasions that were special to me. I LOVE snow, its like God speaking to me.....and very rare in Texas. Would the Creator rearrange a weather pattern just for me? ......I can only say that I believe His glistening snow was a love gift to me at several times in my life. One was Christmas (white Christmas has never happened here)...one was a lonely Valentines Day....one was the day before Easter, special to me as a Christian..........Brought at times when I was deeply struggling with life........Yes, I believe.

Xmac
4-25-13, 11:49pm
Today's Zen Quote:
"Miracles of miracles, I draw water, I chop wood".

Chopper777
5-1-13, 7:56pm
In my humble opinion, miracles come from two places: 1) From pure luck and 2) From you (i.e. from you making them happen). The most successful people in life concentrate on the second one.

Sad Eyed Lady
5-1-13, 8:34pm
Yes, believer here too. And, as citrine said, I love signs. I don't remember a lot of my dreams but when one feels significant I do remember and it is always very clear. The next day after my mother's funeral over 10 years ago now, I was very tired and worn out so I laid down on the bed and took a nap. I dreamed of my mother, she and I were dancing - just the two of us, just dancing away and we were SO happy! I woke up and my thoughts were: "Everything is okay. It's okay.". It is hard to explain but if you have experienced this then you know the feeling of having received a message or a sign.

Chopper777
5-1-13, 8:36pm
Yes, believer here too. And, as citrine said, I love signs. I don't remember a lot of my dreams but when one feels significant I do remember and it is always very clear. The next day after my mother's funeral over 10 years ago now, I was very tired and worn out so I laid down on the bed and took a nap. I dreamed of my mother, she and I were dancing - just the two of us, just dancing away and we were SO happy! I woke up and my thoughts were: "Everything is okay. It's okay.". It is hard to explain but if you have experienced this then you know the feeling of having received a message or a sign.

That was your mind, concocting a fabrication to make you feel better. Nothing more.

nswef
5-1-13, 8:38pm
Our minds ARE miracles!

Chopper777
5-1-13, 8:40pm
Our minds ARE miracles!

Our minds CREATE miracles, when hard work and perseverance follows.

Mighty Frugal
5-1-13, 10:09pm
I believe in miracles! So thrilled that you witnessed at least two of them happystuff. Peace to you

goldensmom
5-1-13, 10:21pm
Thank you for sharing your experience. Hard to explain, even harder for others to understand unless they have experienced it as well.

Simplemind
5-1-13, 10:42pm
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am always comforted when I hear individual stories such as yours. I work on a trauma team and have on occasion witnessed things that have left a very deep impression on me. I don't know if miracle is the word but I can think of no other. In my own experience I can say with certainty that there have been times where the veil between me and something greater has been very thin.

happystuff
5-3-13, 9:26pm
It is so wonderful to read all the stories and experiences of others! Thank you all so much for sharing. :)

JaneV2.0
5-4-13, 12:46am
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am always comforted when I hear individual stories such as yours. I work on a trauma team and have on occasion witnessed things that have left a very deep impression on me. I don't know if miracle is the word but I can think of no other. In my own experience I can say with certainty that there have been times where the veil between me and something greater has been very thin.

I've had those experiences also. Skeptics are people who haven't. Yet.

thinkgreen
5-4-13, 2:26am
I believe. I have experienced several such miracles, especially after a death. Until I read your post I did not realize they were miracles but I did believe they were messages or signs from the departed. They always were special, personal things that could only have meaning to me. Each one brought me comfort.