PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

elizabeth
4-22-13, 4:59am
Hi all!

I am glad I have found this forum. My name is Elizabeth, I am from Central Europe and I am tired of working for other people's material wealth, buying potatoes from across the planets and eating tomato from a can. We plan to move to a house with a relatively larger portion of a cultivable land, and start producing our own food, work for ourselves and be as self-sufficient as possible. Maybe start a community some day, independent from the frenzied capitalistic horror.
I hope I will learn some new things here, and share some of my own findings and experiences. Thank you for letting me be a part of this community!

E.

iris lily
4-22-13, 9:10am
hello elizabeth, it's nice to have you here.

SteveinMN
4-22-13, 10:08am
Welcome! It's always nice to have a new member, especially one from outside North America. Where are you located?

gimmethesimplelife
4-22-13, 10:14am
Elizabeth - hi and welcome! I love how you said Frenzied Capitalistic Horror. To be honest, my life is not always like that but I have had my share of feeling and experiencing that and I can totally understand. There are some great people here and great ideas, feel free to pull up a chair and join the table. Rob

Float On
4-22-13, 10:58am
Hello and welcome!!

Gardenarian
4-22-13, 3:15pm
Greetings!

Tussiemussies
4-22-13, 10:11pm
Hi!

Think you really will be happy with all of the information that you can gather here. I feel the same way you do about the frenzied capitalist horror and we try to keep our life as far away from that as we can. It will be nice to cht with you on the boards....

awakenedsoul
4-22-13, 11:39pm
Hi Elizabeth,
Welcome to the forum. I am growing my own food on a plot of land and it is very rewarding. I have been able to retire early and stay away from unhealthy jobs and people. I understand what you are saying...

fidgiegirl
4-23-13, 8:14am
Glad you are here, and hope to hear more from you.

razz
4-23-13, 9:16am
:welcome:
Feel free to share your challenges and get new ideas as well as inspire us in the process.

gmpg54
4-23-13, 8:56pm
Hi!! Welcome:) 1 of my favorite names,it was my Moms.i'm still fairly new myself,I read a lot,sometimes post if I feel I have a worthwhile contribution. This seems like a really terrific bunch of folks,I've enjoyed myself each time I "lurk"

elizabeth
4-24-13, 10:03am
Thank you all for your kind words and welcoming me here! I feel like home already! :)
@SteveinMN to answer your question - Croatia :-)

dado potato
4-29-13, 1:01am
Another welcome.