PDA

View Full Version : May Fitness

ejchase
4-30-13, 3:25pm
Okay, apologies to everyone for starting early, but today is my day off, so I have some time to set some resolutions for the next 30 days, and I have a lot of challenges to meet in the next month, so I want to be at my best for them.

My fitness goal for May is to take a walk of at least thirty minutes at least five days a week and to take at least four long walks (at least 60 minutes) over the entire month. My other fitness goal is to continue to try to do yoga every day for at least fifteen minutes.

Anybody else in?

KayLR
4-30-13, 5:59pm
By the end of May, I wish to be riding my bike to work three times a week. Stay tuned. I will check in May 31.

Azure
5-1-13, 11:16am
I have not been stretching much at all the last 2 weeks and I think that is probably the main reason why my feet have been bothering me. Sooo, this month my goal is to start morning stretching back up & be consistent about it. Also to continue walking 4-5 days per week. And hopefully get faster at it!

Gardenarian
5-1-13, 3:47pm
I am lowering my fitness goals for May. I think I have been demanding too much of my body. I have been doing some massive hikes/mountain climbing and extended yoga sessions, and this has backfired on me, leaving me sore and aching.

So, slow down and be more aware of my body.

My fitness plan for May is to do regular stretching throughout the day and to walk every day.

Mrs.B
5-1-13, 6:23pm
I want to get back into yoga, at least 3 times per week, also go to the center and either walk or ride a bike for 30 minutes. 1-2 each week!

fidgiegirl
5-1-13, 7:49pm
Mine is 10 minutes a day beyond the dog walks, even if it is a yoga video in the evening.

ejchase
5-1-13, 8:44pm
I am lowering my fitness goals for May. I think I have been demanding too much of my body. I have been doing some massive hikes/mountain climbing and extended yoga sessions, and this has backfired on me, leaving me sore and aching.

So, slow down and be more aware of my body.

My fitness plan for May is to do regular stretching throughout the day and to walk every day.

This sounds really, really healthy. So many people get injured when they stop listening to their body.

Azure
5-2-13, 3:51pm
Yesterday I had a migraine and it was in the 80's & humid so I did not even think about walking.

Two dog miles today.

Oh, and I wanted to say I forgot that I want to do either the qi gong or a yoga dvd once a week as part of my challenge.

ejchase
5-8-13, 9:35pm
I walked four times last week and once this week so far. It feels great.

Tiam
5-8-13, 11:52pm
I fell off the exercise wagon. I feel awful too. I must get back to it.

Rosemary
5-9-13, 8:17am
Gardening at least 2 hours/day. Sometimes 4 hours/day.
Walking my neighborhood loop when time and weather permit (3 miles).
But, I skipped Zumba this week because my teacher has injured her knee and I don't like the sub's class. Also, needed to get some yardwork done.

fidgiegirl
5-9-13, 9:04am
Hi all!

Finally! After all those bleak months, I have an entry to make in fitness!!!!!!!

Have gone running twice this week with Gussy and have been doing this yoga move for my abs. It's not much in the way of yoga, but it's better than nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqfZc-QFuQ

Azure
5-9-13, 1:11pm
Walked 1 mile after work yesterday. It was so humid I couldn't get myself to do more than that. Today I walked 2 miles at the mall. I usually average 30 minutes for 2 miles but I was happy that today it was 27.

Jilly
5-9-13, 8:04pm
I finally went to the Y and registered for my free membership. I will be going to a Silver Sneakers exercise session tomorrow morning. I am totally wishing myself to avoid any witnessed humiliation.

Azure
5-11-13, 8:32pm
Good for you, Jilly. I hope it went well.

Good job Fidgie Girl! Any yoga is better than no yoga. I tried to do my qi gong tape yesterday but struck out. Tried the dvd player but it must be unplugged somewhere along the line. Tried the computer & it wouldn't come up. Tried my portable DVD player. Apparently the remote is dead or something because it won't talk to the player. We put in a new battery but still no luck.

Friday I walked 2 miles at the mall again. Came in at 26 minutes!

No walking today as I had a hair appt. and a baby shower.

lhamo
5-11-13, 11:48pm
This week was hard because I had three after-work appointments, including two that went well into the evening. Also very busy/stressed at work in general. Glad the week is over, to be honest. I did walk home from my Tuesday after-work meeting -- about a 20 minute walk. I also walked to/back from an appointment I had on Wednesday (about an hour walking alltogether). Swam 12 laps in 30 minutes yesterday. And just got back from a run at the gym -- 6km total in 50 min, with 5km running in 37.5 minutes. I'll probably go for another swim this afternoon or this evening. I guess when you add it all up it isn't so bad! Hope next week I;ll do better with running, though. I'm thinking to try to alternate runs and swims for my after work workout.

Azure
5-18-13, 8:31am
I walked 2 times this week, if I remember correctly. lol Have not walked the last 3 days for various reasons. This morning looks like a beautiful morning for a walk around our little lake.

Still have not done the qi gong tape :|(

Azure
5-20-13, 1:37pm
Me again :D Walked 3 miles at the mall today. It is so hot and humid outside.

I have come to the conclusion that I will not walk in the 5 K next month. Too many other expenses right now & upcoming to justify the expense. Maybe next year.

Azure
5-29-13, 5:40pm
Used my ipod's fitness function to see how fast I could walk 5k at the mall yesterday. I'm not sure how accurate it was but it said it took me 45 min. 47 seconds. Yep, I am still tossing around the idea of walking in the 5 k.

Did not walk all weekend. Saturday I worked like crazy on the back flower bed and that was a real workout. But Friday I walked 2 miles.