PDA

View Full Version : May Eat at Home

Kat
5-2-13, 9:44am
Oh man, do I ever need to do better in this area! All the home improvements around here have been really stressful, and we have been eating out A LOT. Must do better!

Yesterday, May 1, we ate breakfast and lunch at home but ordered a pizza for dinner. Gotta love failing on the first day of the month! LOL

Today we will have cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. I am planning to make some tuna and noodles and veggies for dinner along with a new chocolate dessert in the crock pot for supper. I have some vanilla ice cream to serve with it, too.

JaneV2.0
5-2-13, 10:28am
I've made turkey two ways (chunks of turkey plus spicy meatballs) soup from bone broth and some low and slow country ribs (I went way overboard on the rub; lesson learned) recently. I'm planning on making some kind of coconut flour biscuits or focaccia later.

razz
5-2-13, 11:02am
Have to get back on track and manage my starches which have been too indulged for the past few months.
Oatmeal, fruit and milk for breakfast with tea
Lunch will be a large romaine salad with tomatoes/cukes and cheese with one slice of bread and fruit
Supper is chicken, squash and green beans with fruit

Snack is some almonds and milk for my many cups of weak tea.

This menu will be repeated in some variation for some time until I relose those 10lbs.

treehugger
5-2-13, 12:16pm
Since I discovered this dressing (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/shiitake-edamame-salad-with-white-miso-vinaigrette-10000001534874/), I have been eating lots and lots of salad. Love it! I haven't actually made the salad recipe, just the vinaigrette. I am not a natural salad lover (I mean, I will eat it but don't usually love it) and I have now had this dressing (sans the honey, because I don't care for sweet in my salad, and the orange juice is plenty of sweetness), on chard, on kale, on spinach, on red leaf...I will be eating it all summer. Or at least until I get sick of it. ;)

I made chili on Sunday, and we had that for a few days with rotini. Tuesday I roasted a cubed butternut squash with sage and olive oil, and last night I severed that with gnocchi, brown butter, more sage, and parmesan. That and salad will get us through the next couple of days.

This weekend I need to make marinara sauce, since I am out. I will either freeze or can it, depending on the weather (it's been really hot here).

Kara