PDA

View Full Version : Art opening

redfox
5-2-13, 11:48pm
I was at the birth of this young man, now 31. Tonight was the opening of his third show at a gallery in Pioneer Square, in Seattle. His extended family, all friends of mine from Lopez, were there. It was amazing. And this art he does! Glass. Incredible. He is Tlinget/Makah enrolled (Alaskan & Washington tribes). The gallery showcases the best of Native artists from the US & other countries.

Bae & other PNW's, please check it out if you're in the city! Life is amazing...

http://www.stoningtongallery.com/exhibit_view.php?exhibit_number=133&exhibit_title=Raven+Skyriver%3A+Oceanic

Jilly
5-3-13, 12:06am
Wow!!!!!

razz
5-3-13, 7:59am
It looks gorgeous!

JaneV2.0
5-3-13, 9:22am
Pacific NW subject in a Pacific NW medium. Lovely! (I'm particularly fond of that squid...)

SteveinMN
5-3-13, 9:23am
I'd be fine with any of that art in my house. Very nice!

kitten
5-3-13, 11:56am
That's GLASS? Wow! Gorgeous work!

Gardenarian
5-3-13, 12:03pm
Beautiful work - thanks for sharing!
I would love to see Pacific NW exhibit in SF - have to keep my eyes open for that.

Lainey
5-3-13, 10:58pm
Beautiful colors and so fluid. In my next life I'm going to be a wealthy patron of the arts so this kind of creativity can flourish!

Tussiemussies
5-3-13, 11:22pm
So well done, it's hard to believe it's glass. Really nice!

redfox
5-3-13, 11:29pm
Beautiful colors and so fluid. In my next life I'm going to be a wealthy patron of the arts so this kind of creativity can flourish!

You 'n' me both! Going out to dinner & to art openings... Very fun.

Dhiana
5-4-13, 6:50am
Absolutely beautiful!

lhamo
5-4-13, 8:24am
wow -- those are beautiful! If I were in Seattle at the moment I'd be REALLY tempted to go buy that little frog....

BarbieGirl
5-4-13, 7:33pm
Wow, beautiful! Love the walrus!

redfox
5-4-13, 7:55pm
wow -- those are beautiful! If I were in Seattle at the moment I'd be REALLY tempted to go buy that little frog....

I'd be quite happy to arrange a purchase for you, my dear!