PDA

View Full Version : I finished a project!

BarbieGirl
5-4-13, 7:43pm
Hi, gang! :D

just wanted to share that I finally finished a whole project! It was an embroidered pillow I was making for my mother for Mother's Day. The motif is red geraniums.

Now finishing a project my be no big deal to you, but I have MANY started projects lying around unfinished. It's embarrassing because I have storage containers FULL of embroidery kits. I could probably open a shop!

I decided not to spend any more money on projects until I finish the ones I already have. ( or at least make a dent in what I have!)

Now I have to decide what my next project will be!

Barb

Azure
5-4-13, 7:45pm
Way to Go!!

fidgiegirl
5-4-13, 7:51pm
BarbieGirl, congratulations!

So interesting that you posted this just now - I was logging on specifically to start a post to see if anyone might want to join me on a "finishing" spree this month, as I too have a lot of unfinished projects of every kind and they are sapping my energy.

Let us know what you think will be your next project!!

BarbieGirl
5-4-13, 8:36pm
BarbieGirl, congratulations!

So interesting that you posted this just now - I was logging on specifically to start a post to see if anyone might want to join me on a "finishing" spree this month, as I too have a lot of unfinished projects of every kind and they are sapping my energy.

Let us know what you think will be your next project!!

i love that idea, Fidgie! However, I think if you do start the thread I will work on the many unfinished household tasks I never finish! It would be a great challenge to me! Start the thread and I'm going to make a list!
barb

Tussiemussies
5-4-13, 8:51pm
That's so great Barb that you got it finished in time for Mother's
Day!

Jilly
5-4-13, 9:17pm
Yay you!

Float On
5-4-13, 10:44pm
That's great....and its not even mother's day yet!

Kelli....I'd join you in the UFO project....but I recently put every unfinished project with everything to complete them in a bag for the thrift shop. Was just in that thrift shop and all those unfinished projects were gone so hopefully someone else is having fun with them.

domestic goddess
5-5-13, 11:57am
Yaaaay, Barbie! Way to go! I don't currently have any UFO's on hand, but I do have 2 started projects I need to get working faster on, so I'll join in, if I can consider them UFO's (I guess they really are, even though they are WIP's now). Is your pillow done in crewel, counted cross stitch, or what medium, more specific than just embroidery? Sorry, but I'm always curious.
I have going a baby blanket for my soon-to-arrive granddaughter, and some counted cross-stitch Easter Egg pictures for next Easter. Also have a couple of other projects planned. Thought I would wait until retirement to start up with the hobbies again, but I am enjoying them too much now, and I actually need the distraction at times. Now I'm thinking about what I want to do when I am retired. Learning to knit is one.

Florence
5-5-13, 9:13pm
Wonderful!
I am in the process of using up all my fabric stash to make scrap quilt tops.

BarbieGirl
5-6-13, 10:45pm
Yaaaay, Barbie! Way to go! I don't currently have any UFO's on hand, but I do have 2 started projects I need to get working faster on, so I'll join in, if I can consider them UFO's (I guess they really are, even though they are WIP's now). Is your pillow done in crewel, counted cross stitch, or what medium, more specific than just embroidery? Sorry, but I'm always curious.
I have going a baby blanket for my soon-to-arrive granddaughter, and some counted cross-stitch Easter Egg pictures for next Easter. Also have a couple of other projects planned. Thought I would wait until retirement to start up with the hobbies again, but I am enjoying them too much now, and I actually need the distraction at times. Now I'm thinking about what I want to do when I am retired. Learning to knit is one.

Domestic Goddess

It was crewel work! I just have to buy the pillow insert. I'm also making some sachets for her drawers. I bought a pound of lavender!

Im now working on a crewel Christmas tablecloth. But when I get bored with it I'll work on another smaller project. The tablecloth is a rather big project that will probably take a long time. I tend to get bored after a few weeks so it may not even get finished before next Christmas.

barb

LilyB
5-9-13, 6:07pm
Barbie, Congratulations! That's great. I am so bad about finishing my knitting that I have several almost completed items except for joining the pieces. It is a great feeling when something gets done.

Kelli, I'll join you. My project is a shawl for my Mom that I gave up on when I had to rip out 12 rows because of an error that threw my count way off. Back to the needles!

BarbieGirl
5-9-13, 11:49pm
LilyB I taught myself to knit about two years ago. What do you make? Sweaters, socks?

I have one simple baby blanket pattern that I've been making....it's my trademark :~) I never get the counting right! But I find it relaxing! If I started sweaters or something else I think I'd be stressed! I wish I had the talent to knit the gorgeous things I see! I figure I'll stick with the blanket, though God knows who will want it! I gifted one to my great nephew, but I've never seen his mom use it! :|(

But honestly .....my blankets are pretty awful! :cool:
Barbie

SvenV
7-5-13, 1:34pm
That is great.... Congratulations!

Keep going...

LilyB
7-8-13, 11:49pm
Barbie,

Sorry I haven't been around much so I missed your question. Right now I am knitting a shawl. I am also knitting a baby blanket. I started a hat too. As you can see I am an ADD knitter. ;) I usually have about three things going. I do find knitting relaxing also. I've made sweaters and vests but right now I am just doing simple things.

The funny thing about knitted gifts is that many people feel they are too good to use and save them as keepsakes. That is probably what has happened to your great nephew's blanket.

Oh, I just remembered that I am also working on 2 scarves. So I have three projects on the needles. I'd better get busy finishing stuff. Although I do have some lovely hand-dyed yarn that I would really like to work with too. Did I mention that I am more a process than a project knitter? That's code for not getting things finished.:|(