PDA

View Full Version : a little nervous, applied to a facilitator training group

Zoe Girl
5-5-13, 9:58am
Hi All, I sent in an application to work with a Buddhist nun here in Colorado in facilitator training. I know the deadline isn't until the 10th but I am still a little nervous and resisting the urge to rewrite the application and send in a replacement one. The training group would have interactive phone calls and a couple in person weekends and then study and your own practice of course. I am confident in my practice, I am even confident that before I have worked with a teacher in another tradition and did well. I am more nervous because I have ties that are important to a Christian church/interspiritual community and because my life is not serene and calm for this. These can very much be seen as strengths but not everyone will see it that way. I think there is something very important about being able to have these crazy, stressed, over-done lives and still come back to practice over and over rather than how I see many people stuck in waiting for the kids to grow up or the crisis to pass in order to practice. I have done that too of course but I would like to help people see the opportunity in really crappy life moments for practice.

Not much to say, just waiting really. I know if I don't get accepted then that just means we are not compatible rather than I am not a decent Buddhist or capable of moving slowly into teaching.

razz
5-5-13, 12:08pm
Actually ,this will be a good experience to go through from the life experiences that you have gone through. You have a great understanding of the curves that life throws out at times.

If this doesn't work out, something better for your growth will find its way to you.
Peace. Let it all unfold in its own way and time.

happystuff
5-5-13, 7:33pm
Simply submitting the application is a giant step! Sending energies that what is supposed to happen for you... will!

Zoe Girl
5-29-13, 5:31pm
I got in, Yeah, A little nervous about the time but I got the book list today so I can read ahead, and the official start is in August after our teacher is back from retreats

SteveinMN
5-29-13, 8:15pm
Congratulations on getting into the program, Zoe!

JaneV2.0
5-29-13, 8:39pm
Such good news! I think you're on a roll.

Zoe Girl
5-29-13, 9:44pm
the astrologer/psychic that I consulted in the middle of the 3 years of being beat upon by the world said I can look forward to some really positive changes and moving forward. I think it is worth the money to feel some hope and encouragement. And this is very much part of moving forward into the life I want.

Tradd
5-29-13, 10:11pm
Zoegirl, congrats! :)

lhamo
5-30-13, 12:28am
Yay! Some very good vibes flowing around the universe these days. I hope to post some big news of my own soon (still waiting for it to become official...)

Selah
5-30-13, 11:05am
Congratulations! :)

Zoe Girl
5-30-13, 11:57am
hmm, I will be waiting lhamo (and I had to post one more because I see that you are 17 posts ahead of me in total posts, feeling competitive)

lhamo
5-30-13, 5:00pm
oh yeah? take this!

I'm a bit competitive too...

:)