PDA

View Full Version : Software Update

Alan
5-5-13, 6:01pm
I took advantage of a rainy day in Ohio and a slow day on the forums to perform a software update earlier today. Some of you may have noticed a database error if you tried accessing the forums during a small (3 to 5 minute) window while the database was being updated.

If so, sorry for the inconvenience.

The upgrade was a maintenance update which addressed approximately 120 bug fixes, none of which were ever observed or reported here. At any rate, we're now again running the latest version of vBulletin, ver 4.2.1

I don't see any immediately noticeable changes but that's not to say we won't discover small differences between versions.

iris lilies
5-5-13, 6:30pm
That is good to know, thanks!

SteveinMN
5-5-13, 9:46pm
Very smooth upgrade, Alan!

Having come from an environment in which people were quick to yell when things didn't work after an upgrade but imitated crickets when things went well, I thought I would just mention that I appreciate your effort.

Valley
5-5-13, 9:50pm
Very smooth upgrade, Alan!

Having come from an environment in which people were quick to yell when things didn't work after an upgrade but imitated crickets when things went well, I thought I would just mention that I appreciate your effort.

I agree!

IshbelRobertson
5-6-13, 3:14am
Ditto!

lhamo
5-6-13, 8:33am
Ditto!

Double ditto!

Seriously, thanks Alan.

Float On
5-6-13, 9:16am
Thanks!!!

KayLR
5-6-13, 1:36pm
Yes, thank you, Alan, for your diligence!

I have noticed, though, the last few times I've come to the site that my antivirus software is clanging loudly at me about malware, etc. I know this is a safe site, right???

Alan
5-6-13, 1:58pm
As far as I know it is. Since our last bout with hackers I've been running virus checkers and software diagnostics daily.

The next time your antivirus software starts clanging, copy the message and send it to me. I'd be interested in seeing what it's warning you about.

Jilly
5-6-13, 2:36pm
Thank you!

Lainey
5-6-13, 8:41pm
Thanks for putting your skills to use for us - much appreciated.