PDA

View Full Version : What my kids are planning this summer

Zoe Girl
5-5-13, 11:49pm
We have tried to do some large art projects over the summers but have not had much luck. This summer I think they can pull it off since (knock on wood) we will not have as much drama and they will be able to do their project mostly independantly including paying for the supplies, They want to create a teepee in the back yard. They priced out the materials at Home Depot and adjusted to use PVC pipe instead of wooden poles already. With their plan it is under $100. The outside will have traditional type symbols and the inside will be painted like a night sky with acrylic paint. The primary artist is my middle child who drives me moderately crazy, but she really is talented as well. These are most likely connected.

We have a change jar to collect teepee money already.

Tussiemussies
5-6-13, 12:43am
I have a pattern for a teepee somewhere, I think I got it at an online store that sold unusual patterns or maybe at Green Pepper....

Dhiana
5-6-13, 3:09am
Cool project, Try glow in the dark paint for the stars!

Float On
5-6-13, 7:14am
My dad built us a full size Teepee with long poles and burlap (in place of hides) as a 'club house' when I was little. It was cool.

Gardenarian
5-6-13, 3:30pm
That sounds great! What are they using for fabric? I thought of making one with drop cloths but have never got around to it....

Zoe Girl
5-6-13, 4:24pm
I think they are using canvas tarp of some kind. They found it at Home Depot and priced it out.