PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 'Tree' sans tree

mtnlaurel
5-9-13, 11:28pm
I just saw this on pinterest tonight and thought some of you would appreciate it...
A great way to display a few select Christmas ornaments without a tree.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/550x/49/fc/6f/49fc6f7e777030b6f5229ce7c0e42ff5.jpg

Tussiemussies
5-9-13, 11:31pm
Really pretty idea, but I love a traditional Christmas and just have to have my tree!

try2bfrugal
5-9-13, 11:36pm
I like it. I gave away the big artificial tree this year. I think for next year I will get a small evergreen in a pot and just put it on the patio after Christmas.

sweetana3
5-10-13, 5:36am
I am a quilter and at the show this year got a pattern for a 6 foot tall quilted tree for our wall. It holds around 35 flat ornaments which are hung on buttons. I am going to make one for Mom and for me. I already have the ornaments.

\

Float On
5-10-13, 7:27am
cute....but having grown up on a christmas tree farm......it just wouldn't be the same.

KayLR
5-10-13, 12:11pm
I love it! Novel! I love new and non-traditional ideas!

JaneV2.0
5-10-13, 12:29pm
I love it! Novel! I love new and non-traditional ideas!

Likewise. You could have several of these on a smaller scale for different themes or family members, as well as having more traditional ones. You could have a little wall forest of them. I like the idea of a quilted tree, as well.

Zoebird
5-25-13, 12:07am
this is what we are doing for christmas this year (which is this next month for us). I strung my 6 branches together with twine and we are making origami ornaments. No lights, though.

Ds's friend who usually does the christmas stuff for us will be in Sweden, so I planned it out. We already had sticks and twine. :)