PDA

View Full Version : Free McCall's quilting pattern for lap-top quilt

Tussiemussies
5-10-13, 6:45pm
Really liked this pattern and it's free:

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/blogs/blog/2013/05/10/friday-freebie-corner-candy-shop-lap-quilt-pattern/

sweetana3
5-10-13, 6:56pm
That is gorgeous. I love quilts that use fat quarters and they even show how to cut it to make the most of the fabric.

Check out www.modabakeshop.com for more interesting ideas for quilts and other things made from Moda fabric.

Tussiemussies
5-10-13, 7:02pm
I love Moda fabric so looking at that site was really fun. I really liked the jumping jack quilt!!! Thanks Sweetana3!

Jilly
5-10-13, 7:05pm
I love fat quarters. Maybe I should use some of them for an actual quilt. The flagstone pattern on the Moda site looks like it is within my abilities.

Tussiemussies
5-10-13, 7:10pm
Hi Jilly, I love looking at the square quarters too any fabric really but have decided to finish all my projects before I buy any more addicting fabric...:)

Jilly
5-10-13, 7:13pm
So difficult to be strong when I see them in a charity shop. I am doing the same thing, no new textiles in until some finished projects leave.

Lovely fabrics are so wonderful to have around.

Tussiemussies
5-10-13, 8:09pm
So difficult to be strong when I see them in a charity shop. I am doing the same thing, no new textiles in until some finished projects leave.

Lovely fabrics are so wonderful to have around.

I agree pretty, lovely fabrics are so nice to look at, just enjoy it so much. I started a nine patch quilt with leftovers and I finished the top but haven done the rest. Have you ever tried a nine-patch? What kind of quilts have you done and in what colors? Would love to hear about them....:) Chris

Jilly
5-10-13, 9:10pm
I make baby quilts, lap quilts and quilt fabrics to make bags, totes and purses. I also use quilting techniques to craft bags and purses from garments that people want to keep. One recently was for a friend who wanted to have something useful from her father's sport jacket, and another from a pair of denim overalls.

Tussiemussies
5-10-13, 9:17pm
I make baby quilts, lap quilts and quilt fabrics to make bags, totes and purses. I also use quilting techniques to craft bags and purses from garments that people want to keep. One recently was for a friend who wanted to have something useful from her father's sport jacket, and another from a pair of denim overalls.

That is so sweet Jilly that you make quilts as keepsakes for people from items of those they love. Sounds like you have done a lot of quilting! My machine is on the blink right now and no one can seem to find out what is wrong with it so I haven't done any sewing. Have never tried purses but love quilted purses. You should post some pictures I would love to see them! :)

Jilly
5-11-13, 12:28am
I looked for the photos I had taken, but they all must be on my old phone. There must be some way to find them. Maybe I e-mailed them to myself.

Tussiemussies
5-11-13, 1:30am
I looked for the photos I had taken, but they all must be on my old phone. There must be some way to find them. Maybe I e-mailed them to myself.

Hope you find them, I would love to see them!

Kat
5-16-13, 9:28am
That is such a pretty pattern. Thanks for sharing the link! I love Moda Bake Shop, too, and tend to find good free patterns and tutorials on Pinterest, too!