PDA

View Full Version : Green-cleaning human products can still sicken pets....

Tussiemussies
5-26-13, 6:32pm
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22719603/green-cleaning-humans-can-still-sicken-pets.html

Even thoughI have tried green cleaning and it didn't work for me, thought some may be interested in this article....chris

Zoebird
5-26-13, 10:19pm
Well, when we moved to using vinegar, vodka, baking soda, salt, lemons, oranges and lavender, life got much easier. It's still "keep out of reach" but. . . you know. . . less likely to cause huge problems.

redfox
5-26-13, 11:16pm
What I have discovered is that the natural ingredients we use -- essentially the list Zoebird has -- augmented by green scrubbies, hefty scrub brushes, microfiber cloths, old toothbrushes for tiny crevices, and elbow grease are all we need. I prefer to work at it rather than use chemicals, at least while I am physically able to do so!

Zoebird
5-28-13, 1:25am
yes, it certainly requires more effort.

scrubbing my toilet, for example, requires actual scrubbing. Basically, i make a lemon-baking soda paste or a lemon-salt paste and have to SCRUB. but, it gets the yuckies out.

sillysally
6-17-13, 8:43pm
We started being more careful about cleaning stuff when we got birds as they are very sensitive, and I've actually found that vinegar works better than stuff like The Works.