PDA

View Full Version : Daily conscious acts of joy?

razz
6-2-13, 1:22pm
When I worked my way through the Artist Way workbook, she stressed the need for weekly artist dates with yourself, just for yourself to enjoy.

With all the garbage that is happening in the world according to our media, I have decided that I am going to consciously create acts of joy for my self, a celebration of being alive. We spend so much time of our life hearing about the dark side of things and then when we die, there is often a celebration of life and the deceased cannot attend. I am going to have a conscious planned simple daily celebration of life while I am alive. Anyone want to join me and share?

Kestra
6-2-13, 2:19pm
I think about this a lot and try to make sure to fully enjoy and appreciate the simple things. Yesterday I saw Wood Ducks swimming in the creek behind my house and that was awesome.
I'm really enjoying bananas and peanut butter right now - had that last night and again now. So delicious. I went out for coffee and snack this morning and it was nice to just be closer to outside even though driving and spending money isn't the smartest thing to do. But what enhanced the trip was when I was approaching the building a neighbour was coming out and said Good morning and I'm usually so introverted I hate when the neighbours talk to me but I was feeling so good with it finally being summer and I like mornings so I said hello' back in a friendly way and that made me feel good having some interaction with a fellow human about being awake and alive on this great day.

iris lilies
6-2-13, 3:58pm
I thought about the Artist's Way thread today because I wanted to post something on it, so I'll post that here.

At the antiques and craft fair I ran across a table of ceramic vases. They were being sold by the artist's children, the artist died last year. I was very struck by these pieces and because they were inexpensive, I bought three of them. 3 pieces for $30.

Last night I spent the entire night sneaking peaks at them and I made a quick flower arrangement one of them. One is extremely evocative to me of something a Hobbit would have in his house! It matched up with a piece of black flowered dried hellebore I was keeping because it spoke to me as well. The other vases are sinewy art nouveau style. These things are haunting me, I am obsessed!

Valley
6-2-13, 4:56pm
I thought about the Artist's Way thread today because I wanted to post something on it, so I'll post that here.

At the antiques and craft fair I ran across a table of ceramic vases. They were being sold by the artist's children, the artist died last year. I was very struck by these pieces and because they were inexpensive, I bought three of them. 3 pieces for $30.

Last night I spent the entire night sneaking peaks at them and I made a quick flower arrangement one of them. One is extremely evocative to me of something a Hobbit would have in his house! It matched up with a piece of black flowered dried hellebore I was keeping because it spoke to me as well. The other vases are sinewy art nouveau style. These things are haunting me, I am obsessed!

Simply lovely and moving...thanks for sharing this with us!

Tussiemussies
6-2-13, 9:05pm
Simply lovely and moving...thanks for sharing this with us!

Wonderful sharing Iris. Can really feel you personality and emotions in your post. :)

Tussiemussies
6-2-13, 9:17pm
I am lucky that I don't work because I feel that it is easier to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Mainly during the day I love my dog so much I have to give her doses of a little bit of petting and I scratch her in her favorite places. She amazes me with how beautiful and small she is, yet so perfectly created. Although she is I'll with Alzheimer's and I know it is terminal, I send healing energy many, many times a day to try to help her progress as slowly as possible. Sending healing energy is very joyful. You muster up all the feelings of love that you can and imagine the disease part perfectly healthy and then you kinda push all that energy out onto the recipient. You can do from anywhere since the spirit of God is one spirit all pervading in all places and all things. Our human senses only perceived distance on the physical plane but when you are working with the spiritual plane which we are at all times there is no distance. I do like doing it right when my dog is there. These are two of may favorite things talking about spiritual life and loving my dog.

Another thing that gave me great joy this weekend was that there were two pairs of butterflies mating in the woods near my home. I didn't think of it in any sexual way but just the beauty of the passages of life. They were magnificent fluttering around each other very quickly. It made me so happy.

razz
6-4-13, 1:27pm
Having some wonderful moments.

Daisies on the roadside are in full bloom now and have such happy faces to share, met a friend for coffee which was served in a mug and encouraged her in her planned trip on El Camino this summer, collected all the beer bottles that have accumulated in a couple of boxes over the past year and got rid of them, went for a long walk on a trail by myself and enjoyed the cool breeze and shade from the trees that are almost fully leafed out.

What joys have you experienced?

puglogic
6-7-13, 12:53pm
Went for a stroll this morning around the new community garden I helped build. What was a waste dump has become a lovely place to sip a cup of coffee while walking around looking at the flowers planted by the special needs students, or the garden art made by a gardener's woodcarver husband, or the brave little sugar snap peas finally tall enough to wrap their tiny tendrils around their trellis. My little red potatoes sending up their shoots, reaching for the sun. A special kind of fragile green joy we all share there.

dado potato
6-7-13, 8:40pm
Looking over the lawn and gardens I had a hand in... in a new bed: 6 lilies, 4 poppies, 10 lupines. 8 hostas coming back after the winter. Edibles: high bush blueberries, asparagus, garlic, parsley, basil, rosemary, raspberries, arugula, chives. Lilacs in bloom. Wind chimes in the lilacs. Songbirds.

puglogic
6-7-13, 8:48pm
Looking over the lawn and gardens I had a hand in... in a new bed: 6 lilies, 4 poppies, 10 lupines. 8 hostas coming back after the winter. Edibles: high bush blueberries, asparagus, garlic, parsley, basil, rosemary, raspberries, arugula, chives. Lilacs in bloom. Wind chimes in the lilacs. Songbirds.

Sigh....beautiful.

Gardenarian
6-11-13, 3:13pm
Thank you all for sharing. I've been feeling very down and your simple joy has helped to lift my spirits.

Tussiemussies
6-11-13, 11:06pm
Hi Gardarian, sorry to hear that you are feeling down lately, hope you are feeling better soon. If you are interested my Dr. Put me on a vitamin regime that has really helped me. One item -- Deplin -- is considered a food-medicine so you need a prescription for that. It works best if you are already on an anti-depressant. It has really worked for me. If you are interested I will give you the list and mg.

Chris

JaneV2.0
6-11-13, 11:07pm
I am lucky that I don't work because I feel that it is easier to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Mainly during the day I love my dog so much I have to give her doses of a little bit of petting and I scratch her in her favorite places. She amazes me with how beautiful and small she is, yet so perfectly created. Although she is I'll with Alzheimer's and I know it is terminal, I send healing energy many, many times a day to try to help her progress as slowly as possible. Sending healing energy is very joyful. You muster up all the feelings of love that you can and imagine the disease part perfectly healthy and then you kinda push all that energy out onto the recipient. You can do from anywhere since the spirit of God is one spirit all pervading in all places and all things. Our human senses only perceived distance on the physical plane but when you are working with the spiritual plane which we are at all times there is no distance. I do like doing it right when my dog is there. These are two of may favorite things talking about spiritual life and loving my dog.
... .

There are indications that coconut oil/MCT oil can help slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease in human beings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfux-5Z4COo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2258665/Alzeimers-Can-coconut-oil-ease-Families-whove-given-loved-ones-swear-it.html

General doses for dogs are mentioned here:
http://www.coconutdiet.com/pet_nutrition.htm

Here's to the very best outcome for your little friend.

razz
6-12-13, 8:27am
After days of rain, I was able to pick a large bouquet of peonies that is just beautiful.

I had volunteered to help a handicapped group plant some flower beds so went to check how they\ plants look yesterday. The beds are lovely and add some needed beauty to the sidewalks in town.

Glad that others are joining in and sharing these acts of joy

Gardenarian
6-12-13, 12:50pm
Tussiemussies - I would love to see the list! I don't think I'm really depressed - just garden-variety blues and some tough decisions to make.

I did enjoy getting up this morning and watering the garden. A hummingbird came along and drank from the spray - that seems like an good omen.

KayLR
6-12-13, 12:53pm
Someone brought me a snapdragon yesterday. Just one. But, looking at it, I can see about 6-7 different shades and hues blending from one to another. I simply love it.

Tussiemussies
6-12-13, 9:14pm
Thank you so much Jane I am going to get that for my dog. Appreciate it so much. She is in excellent physical health it's just the Alzheimer's...Chris.

Tussiemussies
6-12-13, 9:29pm
Tussiemussies - I would love to see the list! I don't think I'm really depressed - just garden-variety blues and some tough decisions to make.

I did enjoy getting up this morning and watering the garden. A hummingbird came along and drank from the spray - that seems like an good omen.

Hi Gardiarian, these vitamins are not only for people who are depressed but those with OCD, and some other things but I cannot remember. Here is the list:

Deplin 15mg once a day
Flaxseed Oil 1,000 mg once a day
CoQ10. 100 mg every other day
Vitamin D3 1000 IU every day
Vitamin B-12. 2500 mg --must be sublingual, once a day for a month and then I have to check since I take it every day
because I am almost vegan but I know you taper down after that

I suffer from multiple mental illnesses, which these vitamins are good for them all. My meds were not as effective any more. Taking these vitamins have really helped me. I just talked to my Dr. yesterday and she said that the recently came up with something better than the Deplin. I am going to try it and will let you know my experiences.

The Deplin you would needy a prescription for or you can order directly off their site...

Hope this helps some. I may post this separately. :) chris

puglogic
6-13-13, 5:27pm
Today I just sat for a while in between our two small dogs, who were both asleep and snoring like drunken sailors. So funny, so alive.

nswef
6-13-13, 6:09pm
I love when the cat snores. I have been weeding and just enjoying being in the dirt!

Gardenarian
6-20-13, 7:04pm
Tussiemussies - thank you for the list!
I think flaxseed oil would be really helpful for me. I should probably take Vitamin D as well, as I have to use SPF 5000 with my old skin.

What I really need, is to gather up my courage to retire from this job and become a full-time writer. I'm getting there - just need to get affordable health insurance and a few financial messes gathered up.

Today I brought a bag with me when I walked my dog and picked about 5 pounds of wild plums (and ate about a pound while I was at it!)

dado potato
6-20-13, 7:25pm
Actually there are 13 hostas now. They live in a cool spot.

razz
6-20-13, 10:37pm
It was one of those perfect days with just the right temperature for walking the dog across the fields and then sitting among the pots of flowers on my patio with a cup of tea.

puglogic
6-21-13, 12:01am
The beans are finally up in the garden. I just sat and looked at them today while drinking my coffee. Wonderful.

Tussiemussies
6-21-13, 12:39am
Tussiemussies - thank you for the list!
I think flaxseed oil would be really helpful for me. I should probably take Vitamin D as well, as I have to use SPF 5000 with my old skin.

What I really need, is to gather up my courage to retire from this job and become a full-time writer. I'm getting there - just need to get affordable health insurance and a few financial messes gathered up.

Today I brought a bag with me when I walked my dog and picked about 5 pounds of wild plums (and ate about a pound while I was at it!)

The plums sound so great. I think I'll have to get some now!