PDA

View Full Version : June "Finishing"

fidgiegirl
6-4-13, 10:47pm
Hi all, going to try to finish some things up again!

We've already had a spat of successes!

1) Rental property landscaping done! Edging, transplants, etc. Whew.
2) Veggie garden (community garden) installed and doing OK.
3) All purchased plants have been put in the ground at our house.
4) Finished two TV tray ironing boards, one for me and one for my sister.

DH is going out of town on Sat. and I will have a busy time at work, but still going to try to finish up some more projects for which I have already purchased materials.

fidgiegirl
6-5-13, 10:11pm
5) Dogs' shots and annual vetting complete.

early morning
6-5-13, 10:27pm
I have a list too!
1. Install dishwasher that's been sitting in the kitchen for 6 weeks! (Done, and finished the first load of dishes in it! BOY have I missed having a dishwasher!)
2. Tomatoes and peppers planted!
3. Carpenter bees dead (or missing, same thing!)
STILL TO DO:
4. plug holes made by said bees in shed and paint affected fascia board
5. clean out end of barn
6. hold barn sale in clean end of barn
7. buy goldfish to eat mosquito larvae in tiny pond
8. install wall-hanging microwave (left over from last month)
9. decide on and purchase paint for ONE room of our downstairs at least
10. And the pets are still in the drawer in the kitchen..... *sigh*

shadowmoss
6-6-13, 2:36am
Still working on the same sleeve on the sweater. I'm on the last 2 inches of it, so I should be able to finish at least that much. :) Hoping to finish the entire sweater this month.

Selah
6-6-13, 4:15am
On "Finish It Thursday" I FINALLY went to the teachers' union office and got the signup paperwork. I'll be able to fill it out and hand it in on Sunday.

I also finally sucked it up and spent extra money on buying some shampoo/body wash that isn't full of gross chemicals. I really don't know if it will make a difference in the "toxic load" on my system, but I figure hey, it can't hurt!

STILL need to go get my hair cut!

Mrs.B
6-6-13, 5:49pm
I've gone through almost all of my yarn, I vowed at the beginning of the year to "use it" and since then I've kept it to real simple scarves. The most popular "infinity: scarves have allowed me to use up lots of my left overs. I've also been able to try new crochet stitches in my scarves so I'm learning something too.
Good thing I'm back living in the PNW otherwise I wouldn't have a lot of use for all my projects! OH, and I am gifting a number of them!
Note: if you come to visit lock your car door!!

shadowmoss
6-7-13, 12:48pm
Mrs.B, yes, I do knitting because I enjoy the process (usually) and working with the yarn. Then I have the issue of the actual finished item to deal with. :) This sweater has been used to get used to Continental knitting and a few other things I hadn't been comfortable doing before. As a result it is far from perfect. However, actually finishing it is also one of the things I'm trying to learn to do.

fidgiegirl
6-7-13, 6:06pm
:) shadowmoss . . . finishing is a real bear for me sometimes too.

I have had a breakthrough in my craft room reorganization - finally have a decision on how to organize yarn and fabric. Also my sister gifted me some organizational items for scrapbooking that she will not be using anymore, and receiving those made me willing to go back into the room and take another look - that's when I got my brainstorm that will get things moving again. Looking forward to doing some more work on that in the next few weeks. My creativity has been blocked for too long with that messy room and never being able to find my stuff! Interestingly I did a lot more creating when I had fewer supplies.

fidgiegirl
6-10-13, 9:02pm
The pegboard is done!! The pegboard is done!!! Rejoice, rejoice!!!!!!!!

Too bad it's too heavy for me to hang by myself . . . will have to wait two weeks for DH to come home and help me. *Sigh* BUT IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) Pegboard organizer assembled and ready to hang.

fidgiegirl
6-16-13, 10:25pm
6) Pegboard organizer assembled and ready to hang.
7) New closet shelves painted and installed, fabric folded and placed on shelves.
8) Community garden plants finalized. We'll see what we get from them.
9) My first prayer shawl, a lap afghan (child sized) finished for Team Yarn.

shadowmoss
6-19-13, 6:57pm
Finally finished that first sleeve. Decided to do the collar next. After 2 rows realized I had picked up the stitches on the wrong side so the uneven edge (in a contrasting color...) shows on the right side. Now to unravel it and try again. Maybe by the time I finish this sweater it will be cool enough to wear it here in Phoenix. Both concepts seem to fade off into the far distance right now.

fidgiegirl
6-19-13, 7:24pm
How frustrating! Keep at it . . . it's not a race, put it down for a while if you need . . .

early morning
6-22-13, 12:01am
fidgie - WTG! You've really done a LOT!! And the shaw you posted is beautiful.... Shadowmoss, I'm in awe of anyone who can knit at all, let alone a sweater. When you finish I hope you'll post pics! We got our old microwave off the wall today - baby steps, lol. The new one is unboxed, but we have decided to put a shelf on top to stabilize it since we don't have hanging cupboards. We were just going to use metal brackets, but the way the back is configured, I don't think it will work like we envisioned. Now to find shelf brackets that I can stand...

fidgiegirl
6-27-13, 1:42pm
Our rental property inspection and all the related bits is done or arranged. Whew, no more for 5 years. They certainly don't make it easy to figure it all out.

Jilly
6-27-13, 5:11pm
Today I finished an ear-flap hat for a grandson. I started it a year ago when I was, well, that is not important. I knitted all but the last 20 rows, or so, and let it sit in the knitting bag. Yesterday I took it out, did all of the decrease rows and today I cut and braided the ties. He will decide if he want a tassel, but I am deciding that it is officially finished.

Maybe if I start the other sweetie's hat now, he will have it by winter 2014. Good thing they have inherited the family ginormous heads, and I am making adult sizes to fit their noggins.