PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful thing Movie Theater Goers will enjoy

mtnlaurel
6-5-13, 6:22am
I thought some of you here may enjoy this. It is a beautiful comic strip based on Roger Ebert's kindness quote that I saw on Huffington Post this morning:

“Kindness’ covers all of my political beliefs. No need to spell them out. I believe that if, at the end, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn’t always know this and am happy I lived long enough to find it out.” [emphasis mine]

http://zenpencils.com/comic/118-roger-ebert-on-kindness/

Going to the movie theater is a luxury I allow myself when I can. Lately, that isn't very often :(
Yeah, it's overpriced. Yeah, the food is toxic and ridiculously overpriced.... but I've always loved the escape into the movie theater to get recharged.
There is something about sitting in a dark room of strangers sharing a story in that space in time that I love.

Rogar
6-5-13, 8:23am
That is really nice. Thanks!

puglogic
6-5-13, 10:24am
I like that comic a lot.....nice start to my day!
Thanks, mtnlaurel

I also watched the TED talk Ebert did in 2011. Wow.