PDA

View Full Version : themes of movies

Zoe Girl
6-9-13, 4:33pm
I am in an urge to watch 'smart people' movies this weekend. I watched Good Will Hunting last night, today I am going to watch Proof (love this movie). I could include A Beautiful Mind and IQ that I have in this list.

Do you have groups of movies you think of together? Maybe a raining weekend movie set or a happy family movie set?

iris lily
6-9-13, 4:43pm
I am in an urge to watch 'smart people' movies this weekend. I watched Good Will Hunting last night, today I am going to watch Proof (love this movie). I could include A Beautiful Mind and IQ that I have in this list.

Do you have groups of movies you think of together? Maybe a raining weekend movie set or a happy family movie set?

Well, I held my own personal Scandinavian film festival last year. That theme is a little broader than what you are talking about.

I don't watch films in groups although after watching films I can put together theme film festivals.This one comes immediately to mind:

"Films about children for adults" would include: Ponette, The Girl, Secret of Roan Innish (although this is probably a children's film) Our Mother's House (only available on YouTube), Let the Right One In, The Bad Seed.

I like classifying and organizing things like this.

Each summer I choose a reading theme: this year it is novels and biographies about Muslims. That's is, until I run out of novels that I like.

AmeliaJane
6-9-13, 5:29pm
This is a more general theme, but I found a list of Best Summer Blockbusters online a couple of months ago: http://www.film.com/movies/the-best-summer-blockbusters-of-all-time. I started looking through them and realized that a few I had never seen, and many I had seen and enjoyed years ago but not since. So I decided a fun summer activity would be working my way through the list, with popcorn of course!