Recipes where pasta is a significant ingredient

Fillings for:

Cannelloni
Pasta
Ravioli
Wontons

Tiam
1-3-11, 2:42am
On days when I have little left in the cupoards, and little in the pocket book, frying up some bacon pieces, draining them and then adding chopped onion and garlic to sautee, then add whole milk or half and half two or three beaten eggs, red chile pepper flakes and cooked pasta makes a great, fast, filling meal that tastes fantastic. Add in some baby peas for color. Not the healthiest, but cheap, fast, easy and satisfying. Some folks call it pasta carbonara, but purists might not and call it bacon and egg pasta. A bit of nutmeg is nice too.

earthshepherd
1-21-11, 5:36pm
Recipe Spicy Peanut Sauce

¾ cup natural peanut butter
¾ cup hot water with 1 veggie bouillon cube dissolved in it
1 T tahini (sesame butter)
2 T rice wine vinegar
1 T minced garlic
¼ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
2 T organic raw sugar
Pinch red pepper flakes
½ cup shredded carrot
¼ cup cashew pieces

Mix peanut butter, hot water, tahini, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Whisk over medium-low heat until it thickens, stir in pepper flakes, cashews and carrot, cook another few minutes until thick and serve over whole wheat pasta.

Hattie
1-21-11, 5:58pm
On days when I have little left in the cupoards, and little in the pocket book, frying up some bacon pieces, draining them and then adding chopped onion and garlic to sautee, then add whole milk or half and half two or three beaten eggs, red chile pepper flakes and cooked pasta makes a great, fast, filling meal that tastes fantastic. Add in some baby peas for color. Not the healthiest, but cheap, fast, easy and satisfying. Some folks call it pasta carbonara, but purists might not and call it bacon and egg pasta. A bit of nutmeg is nice too.

WOW that sounds really good!!! I'm going to have to try that. Thanks Tiam!:thankyou:

mira
1-22-11, 7:49am
^ I make that kind of carbonara, too; it's delicious!

Also, just frying some garlic, chopped tomato, italian herbs in olive oil then coating pasta in it (preferably spaghetti) and adding a squeeze of lemon is pretty tasty, too.

Mrs. Hermit
1-22-11, 11:32am
Small penne pasta, cooked. Add chopped: fresh tomatoes, sweet peppers, sweet onions, fresh garlic, olives, zucchini, cucumbers. Mix in Italian salad dressing to taste. Serve with balls of mozzarella cheese. One of my favorite summer salad suppers!

Hattie
1-22-11, 12:25pm
Small penne pasta, cooked. Add chopped: fresh tomatoes, sweet peppers, sweet onions, fresh garlic, olives, zucchini, cucumbers. Mix in Italian salad dressing to taste. Serve with balls of mozzarella cheese. One of my favorite summer salad suppers!

Oh that sounds yummy too...Lots of great ideas here!!!!