PDA

View Full Version : Ants in the house driving you crazy?

razz
7-15-13, 2:27pm
I halved this recipe and have stored the solution in a Chees Whiz jar which is well labelled.
The ants came running and have disappeared after feeding on the saturated cotton balls that I have placed on 3 inch foil squares.

http://www.food.com/recipe/get-rid-of-ants-ants-ants-203233

KayLR
7-15-13, 2:39pm
No, but FLEAS are!! @#$%$%^$%

We have bombed the house and treated OUR indoor cat, but WE must be bringing the stupid things in on our feet, because they keep coming back. We get a few days relief. Our landlady will not treat her lawn. She can afford to have a service come and mow & blow for 7 minutes every week, but not treat the drying, patchy lawn. I'm about ready to research how much it would cost to do it myself.

Rosemary
7-15-13, 3:06pm
We had a lot of ants taking over our kitchen when we returned from a few days out of town. I wiped them up and sprayed with vinegar several times over the course of 36 hours - and then there were no more.

SteveinMN
7-15-13, 3:20pm
Worse than ever this year! We've had to put out the bait three times. I hope they're gone for good. Pesky things....

Blackdog Lin
7-15-13, 8:47pm
Confession time: after 4 years of fighting the ants, and finding the flea problem recurring again this year after our flea-disaster-inundation of last summer.....

.....I finally just called Orkin. The ants are gone and the fleas all but. And I suspect I will ultimately end up saving money (even expensive as the professionals are) over all the money we spent on bug bombs and sprays and home remedies and time and effort and.....you know.

SiouzQ.
7-15-13, 9:23pm
I would take an ant infestation ANYTIME over a flea infestation, which is absolutely *effing* miserable and unbearable to me, especially in the hot weather. I am HIGHLY allergic to flea bites. Thank god I have neither ants or fleas here (knock on wood floor)!

Gardenarian
7-17-13, 11:28am
No, but FLEAS are!! @#$%$%^$%

We have bombed the house and treated OUR indoor cat, but WE must be bringing the stupid things in on our feet, because they keep coming back. We get a few days relief. Our landlady will not treat her lawn. She can afford to have a service come and mow & blow for 7 minutes every week, but not treat the drying, patchy lawn. I'm about ready to research how much it would cost to do it myself.

We had good luck treating our yard with beneficial nematodes. We had the same problem, constant re-infestations, and the nematodes really did the job. Here's an article from Mother Earth News (http://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/natural-flea-control-zmaz95asztak.aspx#axzz2ZJiFhkHE) on the subject. We got the nematodes from our local nursery for about $20.00.