PDA

View Full Version : Time Management: What should you be doing right now?

Float On
3-2-11, 1:07pm
Its my day off from my town job and it's already noon. I had great plans for all the things I'd get done today. Instead I went back to bed after the boys left for school, spray painted some display boxes, and otherwise have puttered around on the internet.
Right now - I should either be making some lunch for my husband, cleaning my packing room, recovering an office chair, or moving some garden dirt but here I sit.

Where and what should you be doing right now?

redfox
3-2-11, 1:24pm
At work... going soon! I am bored with my job, it's half time, and I feel next to no motivation to get there or be there... sadly.

loosechickens
3-2-11, 1:33pm
"should", "should", "should"......I turn up my nose at "shoulds", and stick my tongue out as well.....hahahahaha

danna
3-2-11, 2:03pm
What I should be doing is just about anything but sitting here...hehe

Kathy WI
3-2-11, 2:21pm
I'm at the ice rink sitting here while my son skates. I guess I should be skating, too, to get some exercise, but I don't feel like it.

pinkytoe
3-2-11, 2:43pm
It bothers me that not being productive every minute is frowned upon.
I don't know where that mindset comes from but I have it too.
I would love to honor leisure and doing nothing occasionally instead since I think it is mandatory for a healthy mind and body.

Bastelmutti
3-2-11, 2:57pm
I've had a good time management day, actually. I love my leisure time, don't get me wrong, but right now I have to accomplish a lot for work and volunteering by the end of the week. I am trying out something like the pomodoro method & rotating a list of 4-5 projects every 20-25 minutes, while also taking time to check e-mail, have lunch, etc. in between. It's been working well so far. Hopefully that means I can zone out for a while tonight.

catherine
3-2-11, 3:35pm
LOL...

Right now... I am INTENTIONALLY procrastinating on working on one of two reports due before Monday. I procrastinated earlier by going for a walk (pretext: banking errand), and just got back in and said, OK, NOW I've got to get busy (of course it's ONLY 3:30pm!) and then thought, well, I'll just check in at SLF, and here I am...

And you caught me!! Busted!

Signing off now
:0!

Float On
3-2-11, 4:22pm
So I did make a quick lunch and put a load of glass in my kiln (I break up some of my husband's work and make new things). started the laundry, worked on sewing a new flute cover till I broke a needle (thick fabric).

It bothers me that not being productive every minute is frowned upon.
I don't know where that mindset comes from but I have it too.
I would love to honor leisure and doing nothing occasionally instead since I think it is mandatory for a healthy mind and body.

I'm glad you brought up this point. My degree is in recreation which is all about enjoying your leisure time. I do get frustrated with all the responsibilities that come with running a business, working part time, running a house. I'm constantly feeling pulled in several directions and the guilt of 'oh I should be doing this or that instead'.... and that is just the way it's going to be for awhile. I really try to grab on to my favorite leisure activity and put the responsibilities behind me - it's almost warm enough to start kayaking again! I need to buy a sit-in kayak so I can 'escape' year round, my sit-on one is great for summer but not winter.

Mrs-M
3-2-11, 7:10pm
Hi Float On. Mornings (for me) are my time to excel. If I get the rag out I can accomplish a ton of things (household related), but if I falter and allow myself to get sidetracked, nothing gets done. I always feel so guilty when I have "do/did little/nothing days", but we all need those from time to time and I'm glad to hear you spoiled yourself! :)

reader99
3-2-11, 10:40pm
I'm actually supposed to be doing this now.

Jinger
3-3-11, 6:39pm
Today was a do nothing day for me...and it felt good...beautiful weather for walking and porch sitting, waffles with strawberries for supper and tonight catching up on my shows on hulu...tomorrow, maybe more of the same!

http://iliketomakethings.blogspot.com