PDA

View Full Version : August Gratitude

puglogic
8-2-13, 11:01pm
Grateful for having the kind of job where I can start work early and finish early so I can take a sunset hike. Lovely day's end.

Azure
8-4-13, 9:27pm
Beautiful cool & breezy weather this weekend. Ahhhhh

Lainey
8-9-13, 8:47pm
Grateful for an honest and hard-working computer geek who took 2 hours to remove viruses from my computer today. Of course I paid him too, but it was for a job well done and he was very polite and easy to deal with.

puglogic
8-9-13, 9:39pm
Thankful that, even though I had a terrible day -- a put-your-head-down-on-the-desk-and-cry day -- I know that I'll find a way to make tomorrow better.

CathyA
8-10-13, 7:56am
Thankful that, even though I had a terrible day -- a put-your-head-down-on-the-desk-and-cry day -- I know that I'll find a way to make tomorrow better.

((((hugs))))

puglogic
8-10-13, 12:24pm
((((hugs))))

(((hugs back to CathyA)))

Today I'm working on making it better. Taking our old dog to the vet to see if it's time for him to leave, or whether there's a painless/stressless way to keep him with us longer. Grateful to have had his calm, protective presence for as long as we have! Blessings on all of our companions out there, who add just that much more happiness to our lives.

nswef
8-10-13, 12:33pm
Oh, I hope there is a good solution. Hugs to you and yours.

Jilly
8-11-13, 2:01am
Puglogic, I am close to making that assessment appointment soon for my cat. I am sending lots of support on this working for everyone's best. CoolCat was a large part of how well I am doing over the past couple of years, and I am going to miss him more than I can express.

Aside from my darling and sweet little guy, I am grateful for being able to make decisions that are in my best interest even when other people disagree. This might not sound like a big deal, but it is enormous progress for me.

puglogic
8-23-13, 12:17am
Grateful for a good night's sleep, my first in quite a long time. And a gentle rain. Still with us, Jilly, not sure for how much longer, but it is worth it all.

Azure
8-23-13, 1:57pm
Extremely grateful that my oldest son and the solar car team arrived safely in Melbourne, Australia this morning. We won't see him til November but it is so awesome cool to see him pursuing his dreams and taking on adventures. He had a really rough time with depression during much of his teens and never did anything so this is extremely beautiful to me.

Gardenarian
8-24-13, 3:19pm
I'm very grateful to our house sitter. We came home to find our dogs calm and happy, and the house cleaner than we had left it. It's the first time we've left the dogs and I was pretty anxious, but our house sitter charmed them both.

larknm
8-28-13, 11:18am
Two people were nice to me yesterday when I asked for information I needed, and gave me good information. About my father's will of 30 years ago, about the life expectancy of my car. These people are authority figures to me, and I usually do poorly with those. DH and I went to a movie (for free) for the first time in 6 months, and liked it. I ate healthily and simply and slept through the night.