PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Transition from a Consumer to Producer Economy

catherine
8-18-13, 10:26am
Here's an expansion on one of iris lillies' questions about "what is permaculture"--here the topic is how to use permaculture to address broad-based sustainable solutions in order to transition into economic systems that may serve us better than the current ones do.

This is my permaculture teacher, Andrew Faust in this video. It's about 12 minutes--Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaT5BSxs8is

try2bfrugal
8-18-13, 2:31pm
Great video. Thanks for posting. Our lives have pretty much done a one-eighty since we have become exposed to ideas like this. No more megacorp jobs, much lower expenses, and more free time. I wish we had been exposed to these kinds of ideas much earlier in life.

We don't grow our own food but we are really focusing on using less resources (house size and consumer goods) and using the outdoors and publicly funded programs at parks and libraries for entertainment.

hifidi
8-30-13, 5:19pm
Catherine,

Excellent video! Thanks for sharing. I like his positive attitude with many things we can all do today.

Diane

catherine
8-30-13, 5:30pm
So glad you liked it. He does have a positive attitude--very solution oriented, which makes him a great permaculture teacher.