PDA

View Full Version : I am not alone!

RosieTR
9-1-13, 5:55pm
I found a blog written by a woman who also lives on the Front Range of CO and has an urban farm! I do not have what I would consider to be an urban farm, but I do have the oddest yard on the street and most people are dumbfounded when I talk about keeping bees. Anyway, she gives seminars and stuff at her place, so I may be able to go see it! According to an article in her local paper (which I found online) it wasn't too terribly expensive. I am not sure if she does this to make her living or exactly what. Anyway, her blog has all sorts of really great advice for people who live in my area, which is a challenging place to garden, to say the least. Plus she has looked into a lot of the issues such as collecting water, etc that will be helpful for me to know. And, she too has used cinderblocks to make a garden bed, which DH considered crazy and calls it "the bunker". So ha, I am not the only one! Anyway, I am really excited to follow her blog and possibly meet her in person!

For other CO folks, it's www.righttothrive.org

nswef
9-1-13, 10:28pm
Great link. I'm in the water rich East and could not understand why my friend in Colorado Springs could not use a rain barrel...now I see, after having read the article. I love our rain barel. Bravo to you for doing urban farming!!

pinkytoe
9-2-13, 9:08am
Very informative. I especially like the tenets.

Minz
9-10-13, 9:08pm
I found a blog written by a woman who also lives on the Front Range of CO and has an urban farm! I do not have what I would consider to be an urban farm, but I do have the oddest yard on the street and most people are dumbfounded when I talk about keeping bees. Anyway, she gives seminars and stuff at her place, so I may be able to go see it! According to an article in her local paper (which I found online) it wasn't too terribly expensive. I am not sure if she does this to make her living or exactly what. Anyway, her blog has all sorts of really great advice for people who live in my area, which is a challenging place to garden, to say the least. Plus she has looked into a lot of the issues such as collecting water, etc that will be helpful for me to know. And, she too has used cinderblocks to make a garden bed, which DH considered crazy and calls it "the bunker". So ha, I am not the only one! Anyway, I am really excited to follow her blog and possibly meet her in person!

For other CO folks, it's www.righttothrive.org (http://www.righttothrive.org)

Hi,
I'm your neighbor, I live in Manitou. I checked out he blog and I actually recognize this gal. If you go to meetup.com you'll see she is the organizer of the Colorado Springs Homesteading Group! Did you end up meeting her or taking a tour of her farm?! Very cool...thanks for sharing the blog - great info!

Tussiemussies
9-10-13, 11:49pm
I don't live in your area, but going to a meeting like this sounds like a lot of fun! Let us know how it was...chris