PDA

View Full Version : September Gratitude

Azure
9-2-13, 6:38pm
So very grateful for a break in the weather. So much cooler & less humid. Plus a lovely cool breeze. aahhhhh

Valley
9-2-13, 7:04pm
I'm grateful for the end of a wonderful summer and the excitement of the coming fall. I am blessed!

razz
9-2-13, 7:23pm
So grateful to finally get the MS Excel program set up and the books for a volunteer group finished. Cannot figure out why it is printing two copies every time though. Neat system now that I know how to make formulae.

Loving the fresh produce in my garden and on roadside stands.
I won 3 firsts, four seconds and 4 thirds at the local horticultural flower show but I learned a lot in the process and much more to go.

Gardenarian
9-3-13, 4:54pm
razz - congrats on the horticulture show!

So grateful to have found a reliable handy person to help my with my cabin renovation. And to have my cabin!

fidgiegirl
9-3-13, 6:39pm
Glad to have the $$ to buy quality food.

Kat
9-4-13, 3:54pm
So thankful for the nice fall weather this morning. 62 degrees!

larknm
9-6-13, 4:50pm
Sept. 3 was our African Grey Parrot's 11th birthday. A few days before that she made up her first song with words in it. (Her name is Cochiti.) It is short: Oh Cochiti, How do you do? Think of that set to music and you got it. She sang it twice a couple minutes apart. DH was also home and we looked at each other and I said what I heard to him and he said yes, he heard that too. We don't recall ever saying How do you do to anyone in her presence, but they have terrific memories and if she ever heard it on the radio, even 10 years ago, she would remember it. She's always loved music, but this was a new thing.

try2bfrugal
9-6-13, 5:13pm
Sept. 3 was our African Grey Parrot's 11th birthday. A few days before that she made up her first song with words in it. (Her name is Cochiti.) It is short: Oh Cochiti, How do you do? Think of that set to music and you got it. She sang it twice a couple minutes apart. DH was also home and we looked at each other and I said what I heard to him and he said yes, he heard that too. We don't recall ever saying How do you do to anyone in her presence, but they have terrific memories and if she ever heard it on the radio, even 10 years ago, she would remember it. She's always loved music, but this was a new thing.

Wow, that is really cool. That would make a great youtube video.

Florence
9-6-13, 8:59pm
Grateful for the hummingbirds that are migrating through and zooming around the feeders on my back porch. Amazing tiny beings.

nswef
9-9-13, 9:05pm
I am grateful for my two sisters with whom i had a wonderful lunch yesterday. We don't get together nearly as often as we could or should. We ALWAYS have a great time!

puglogic
9-10-13, 9:50pm
Grateful for the first hot peppers and ripe tomatoes of the season. Yum.

Tussiemussies
9-10-13, 11:20pm
Hi Razz, that is just fantastic how many wins you took home in the show. Congratulations!

Do you want to share any tips with us?

puglogic
9-12-13, 10:34pm
Grateful that we live on high ground and are not endangered by the flash flood warnings in our area tonight. Roads washed out, bridges collapsing, dams breaking, and my heart hurts but I am grateful for the moment our friends and family are safe and warm.

Jilly
9-13-13, 5:08pm
I lost all of my perishable food in an appliance tragedy and whilst I have bought some things, the next three weeks will be challenging.

Last night I received a call from a friend along with an invitation/request to spend this morning with her. We had a wonderful time, one of the best conversations I have had with her and when I left, she gave me two bags of stuff from her garden. Freshly dug potatoes, beets, zucchini, serrano peppers, pears, a huge purple cabbage, eggplants and a large jar of pickled banana peppers stuffed with fresh sauerkraut.

Most of the vegetables will be roasted for dinner tonight and lunches over the weekend.

Just when I needed it, free and absolutely amazing food comes my way. It is the icing on the cake of this morning with my friend. So nice.

RosieTR
9-13-13, 6:26pm
Feeling very, very grateful this week especially. I was feeling really lucky Monday evening since some friends and I made a successful summit of Longs Peak just before the weather turned, and I thought it'd probably be the last possible day this year to do a safe climb. These friends don't normally climb mountains and I wasn't sure if the weather would hold or somebody would get cold feet, so it was amazing that we did it. On the way back down, one friend dropped my Nalgene water bottle on a steep section that made it unretrievable....but unbeknownst to me, DH found a similar water bottle on the dog walk that same day! :)
Then Tuesday we found an umbrella in the same area on the dog walk (early in the morning, obviously left from the day before-no ability to do lost-and-found). I have made good use of that all this week, of course.
Wednesday I was grateful to get home before the bad rain started, and Thursday and today I have been grateful to have an understanding boss, no flooding in the basement, no loss of power or water and a full pantry. In a few minutes I'll be grateful I married a home-brewer who set up a keg in the basement ;) It's been a wonky week, to say the least!

JaneV2.0
9-17-13, 10:47am
Raising the Costa Concordia with minimal environmental impact. A job well done! All credit to the engineers and technicians and salvage masters who worked tirelessly for months to pull this off. Or up, as the case may be.

Florence
9-17-13, 11:29am
Glad to have the $$ to buy quality food.

+1

Gardenarian
9-17-13, 2:04pm
Beautiful lopsided gibbous moon last night, bright enough to cast shadows as I walked my dog. Thank you moon!

Lainey
9-18-13, 9:58pm
Grateful to have a job with paid sick leave, for an unexpected 7 days of illness.

puglogic
9-19-13, 2:02pm
Feeling so touched by my big old (14+) dog's willingness to play with our year-old puppy, even though he'd probably rather be sleeping. He has been rolling on the floor and mock-wrestling with him for almost an hour, and I'm overcome with gratitude and with sadness that he will not be with us much longer. Such a kind soul.

Gardenarian
9-23-13, 4:52pm
puglogic, my eyes are leaking.

Azure
9-23-13, 6:30pm
Just wanna say - I LOVE Autumn!

Florence
9-24-13, 8:48am
I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and we have been in drought mode for the last 2 years. Well, this weekend we got 6 1/2 inches of good soaking rain. The ground was so parched that it just soaked it all in--no standing water anywhere on our 4 acres. I am so thankful for the rain. Not so much for the mosquitoes which will follow.

Simpler at Fifty
9-28-13, 9:33pm
I am grateful for 4 safe flights this week. I am always anxious until I get in the air and realize I am safe. I sat in front of a family with 4 children under 5 on the first flight. The baby slept the whole flight but two of the kids asked Dad many questions. I learned a lot about flying from Dad's answers.

nswef
9-29-13, 10:28am
I am newly grateful for finding a writers' group only 10 minutes away who thought my first chapter to whom I have never read it was great! I nearly cried. They also had good, sensible suggestions! I was able to hear 3 other writings as well and be amazed at the human brain!

Gardenarian
9-30-13, 2:24pm
Pretty grateful that September is almost over. It hasn't been a really bad month, but it feels like it's been September FOREVER!

...wake me up when September ends....