PDA

View Full Version : lyft.me

Gardenarian
9-3-13, 3:43pm
Have you seen those cars with the big pink fuzzy mustaches? They are part of lyft.me, a new ride-sharing service. They are all over the SF bay Area and I think will be spreading fast. It's like a cab service, but people donate what they think the ride is worth.

You must have a smartphone to use lyft.me (San Franicisco...:~)

An option for those who want to do without a car, or who want to make a little money on the side.
I think it's a really cool idea!

Here's a link to an article (Lyft rideshare service boasts pink mustaches, dodges regulations).

rodeosweetheart
9-5-13, 10:58am
When I was in Seattle last week my b and b host was telling me about this. I don't think I would do it as a passenger, and I would not understand how insurance would work if you were the driver. It seems too commercial to be a real ride share situation?

I took public transportation and a bus and the light rail. Public transport was good. But it would have worked for me with the baggage, if I had felt comfortable with it.

She seemed to think it was cool, too.

Tussiemussies
9-5-13, 8:01pm
Sounds like a great idea, would wonder if some would not pay fairly just as there are those that don't tip the waitress fairly?