PDA

View Full Version : My Simple Living Journey: An Update

Ahh The Simple Name
9-4-13, 11:49pm
Hi, I recently published this post on my blog Ahh The Simple Life.

Simple Living: Join Us on the JourneyBackstoryWhen my sister Michele and I decided to start (http://www.ahhthesimplelife.com/simple-living-join-us-on-the-journey/#) our blog, I knew little about “simple living” or “voluntary simplicity,” as I now prefer to call it. We noticed that “simple living” was becoming something of a phenomenon; choosing it as our blog’s category seemed as though it would bode well for its success. Both of us had been practicing aspects of “simple living,” although we hadn’t labeled it as such.
So, in April of this year, we launchedAhh The Simple Life. We started with posts about such topics as vegetarian cooking, home decor, meditation, and relaxation techniques. It soon became apparent, however, that we must educate ourselves about this thing called “simple living” if we wanted to write honestly and well about it.
I gave myself the challenge of writing a post that would explain “simple living” for our readers. I reasoned that it should be easy enough to teach myself first, then summarize my newly-acquired knowledge for our readers. Little did I realize what a difficult yet tremendously rewarding journey lay ahead! The reading I did for the post, which I called Simple Living Is Better for Everyone was incredibly interesting, exciting, and inspirational. Since that first post about “simple living,” I’ve written several others about different facets of this fascinating topic. I’ve done considerable reading and research; I’ve tried to organize and interpret it all in a way that makes sense to me and, hopefully, to my readers.
My Own Simple Living JourneyI sense that I have now reached a milestone in my simple living journey, a
nd I’ve made considerable progress in my simple living education (http://www.ahhthesimplelife.com/simple-living-join-us-on-the-journey/#). What I’ve learned thus far illuminates the path behind me, so that I see what experiences in my own life have influenced the itinerary.
Some of My Life-changing Experiences

There was a terrifying moment when I thought a loved one was going to commit suicide. Thankfully, that did not happen. What did happen was a sudden, split-second epiphany for me: People are infinitely more important than things!

To read the full post: http://www.ahhthesimplelife.com/simple-living-join-us-on-the-journey/

Tussiemussies
9-5-13, 7:41pm
Sounds like you have been on a journey. Glad you have found a lifestyle that we all share here and that you enjoy too. Look forward to chatting with you!

samanthap
6-9-16, 4:45pm
Seems you are doing a good job, starting from yourself and then going to teach people, its surely a wonderful concept.

Gardenarian
6-10-16, 2:10pm
What a fun blog! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you hang around the forums!

ToomuchStuff
6-11-16, 10:09am
Seems you are doing a good job, starting from yourself and then going to teach people, its surely a wonderful concept.

What a fun blog! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you hang around the forums!

Anyone ever look at dates? The last time that poster was logged on, was in November of 2013.
When I saw Samanthap post, a lot of it was in older (years ago), threads, with quick things. I expected to see either a spam link in, or after establishing the account, them to come back and start spamming (common computer spam trick).