PDA

View Full Version : Travel Tip --from The Dollar Stretcher

Tussiemussies
9-17-13, 4:34pm
Travel Tip

If you're on vacation and looking to save money when visiting attractions, be sure to ask the clerk at your hotel if he/she has any discount coupons. Recently I asked the desk clerk if the hotel offered any discounts and he gave us a coupon for a much-reduced rate on a museum and a free tour of a factory we wanted to visit. He also told us about a free chocolate factory tour that we didn't know about and gave us a coupon for free samples at the chocolate factory's store.
M

frugal-one
9-17-13, 9:51pm
Good to know!

KayLR
9-18-13, 11:42am
Nice score, Tussie! Love that you toured a chocolate factory! and free samples!

Tussiemussies
9-18-13, 1:26pm
Nice score, Tussie! Love that you toured a chocolate factory! and free samples!

Hi Kay, can't credit from this, it is from The Dollar Stretcher, but we did once tour the Herr's Factory and they give samples along the tour! Once I posted a list of free factory tours state-by-state, if you are interested in that I'm sure I could find it again.... Chris

KayLR
9-18-13, 3:43pm
One free tour, if you are ever in WA State, is the Aplets and Cotlets factory in Cashmere, WA. I've been through there a couple times. Don't recall if they give free samples, though.

Tussiemussies
9-18-13, 4:46pm
One free tour, if you are ever in WA State, is the Aplets and Cotlets factory in Cashmere, WA. I've been through there a couple times. Don't recall if they give free samples, though.

Thanks Kay, I will keep that in mind if we get out there.....

puglogic
9-20-13, 11:39pm
One of my favorite tours to take out-of-town guests to Colorado on is the tour of Celestial Seasonings (the tea company)

Smells wonderful and they give free samples at the end.

Tussiemussies
9-20-13, 11:48pm
One of my favorite tours to take out-of-town guests to Colorado on is the tour of Celestial Seasonings (the tea company)

Smells wonderful and they give free samples at the end.

I would just love that tour since I drink Celestial a lot. Would love to see how they process the tea...

herbgeek
9-21-13, 7:36am
Loved the Celestial Seasonings tour but the peppermint room was overwhelming!!!

Tussiemussies
9-21-13, 3:57pm
Loved the Celestial Seasonings tour but the peppermint room was overwhelming!!!

Never though of that. How about the Bengal Spice area? We just had some the other night and the cinnamon is so strong.

Spartana
9-23-13, 10:31am
Also many museums and attractions have free days or free entry periods. Usually mid week. They aren't always posted but you can goggle it to find out.

Tussiemussies
9-23-13, 4:08pm
Also many museums and attractions have free days or free entry periods. Usually mid week. They aren't always posted but you can goggle it to find out.

Great tip if I ever decide to go into NYC again...